thomastamar

Central locking issues

I appreciate there can be many issues with the locking on Corrados, however just wondered if anyone else has had these issues?

When I bought my Corrado, the central locking worked from the passenger side, but not the drivers side. I thought this was probably a solenoid...however before I got around to investigating... my locking completely stopped working on the drivers side (not even the key would twist). In a panick, I tried pushing down the lock Knob. When I then pulled it back up, it came completely out of the door. The knob now doesn't go up and down, but the central locking it working as good as new.

Is this a common problem?

This was about 3 weeks ago, and the locking has worked everyday since.

Its relatively common for leaks on the pneumatic lines, but it's sounds like your solenoid may just have been a bit stuck. The door pins should screw down onto the rod so you should be able to pull it up manually though.

Thanks. The rod has come off with the door pin, so I'm unable to screw it back on. I'll take the door card off and investigate further at some point.

That could be a problem then. The bracket that connects the upper and lower rod can sometimes brake. It slots into the catch mechanism and needs to be lined up correctly to operate as it should. You may be able to get a good one from a breaker, but it's a very fiddly job so good luck!