Sign in to follow this  
Dilated

Some fookers just nicked me number plates.

Right outside work, must have been around 5-6pm too just before I left! The bastards! Well pissed off, whats a new set cost £30ish? Not needed to have a new set of plates for years. Suprised me tho, cos if it was gonna happen, I'd have thought it would have been in Bradford as it happens all the time round ere. Usually get nicked to steal petrol and do the occasional armed robbery and such.

Rang the cops just so I don't get done for holding up the local William Hill or something!

So anyway, where can I get some plates in the Leeds area? I know Halfords do them, but i'd rather not have halfords emblazened on them (think it's law to have the company's name and details who produced them on the plates now or something). Hmmm. Maybe I should contact a sign writers or vinyl graphics place?

if you do end up having to get a set from a normal place, make sure you remember your drivers licence and V5 else they aren't allowed to supply 'em... :? :roll:

The halfords one are actually very subtle. You can hardly see the sign as is a very slight change in colour and you have to be about a foot away to even see the sign. I was the same but they are pretty good. Think they cost £25.

ah cool, Cheers guys. Like I say, not had to have new plates for many years now. I heard about the change in law but never thought you could get around it by making your company name only slightly differnet shade than the background! I might just check out halfords tommorow lunch then, £25 sounds reasonable.

I think I might araldite the new ones on there, no one will ever get them off then!

Make sure you check they've put the letters on properly, I had some done at halfords a few years back, with teh bold 3D font, and they put the '1' upside down :roll:

Got a free replacement though. Although they didnt cut it properly when they were trimming the plastic off the edges... :roll: :roll:

The halfords one are actually very subtle. You can hardly see the sign as is a very slight change in colour and you have to be about a foot away to even see the sign. I was the same but they are pretty good. Think they cost £25.

Gotta agree here, I had to get a replacement front number plate and got from halfords, there low go is very low key and is also whiteish colour. bout 25/30 a pair, quite expensive,ebay cheap, depends how much/quickly u need them though.

Just under £27 for two plates from Halfords if you get standard lettering and plate background I think. Then about £1.70 for the self-adhesive pads. I think

not meaning to do halfords out of business......but your local $tealer just might amaze you...........i bought mine from my local $tealer just so i could have a wee VW badge on the plates and the cost for 2 was.........£10+VAT so a fiver each!!! :D :D :D

not meaning to do halfords out of business......but your local $tealer just might amaze you...........i bought mine from my local $tealer just so i could have a wee VW badge on the plates and the cost for 2 was.........£10+VAT so a fiver each!!! :D :D :D

Cool!!!! I'll be getting mine from the dealer then. They have the cool machine where they type the number in and it prints it out. Mega cheap too. Winner! 8)