Bhavin

White marks on wheel nut caps

C black nut caps have white marks on them from crap cash washing before I got her.

I have rubbed. Scrapped. Wiped. Whenever they dry the white sheen comes back though most of the splatter marks are gone they just look grey not black and it's annoying me.

Can I make them go dark again without relying on using back to black type stuff?

Can I clean the white grey sheen off or have they been permanently damaged ?

A heat gun can often restore black plastic to its former glory, warm it, not melt it.

You can buy a new set of 20 on ebay for about £10

If they are Chinese copies they fade really quickly, i bought mk4 covers and they lasted 12 months before looking worse than the ones they replaced

Thanks guys.

I have a car that is mostly original and where possible id like to keep it that way. Alas, looks like if they dont come clean Ill swap them out.

The one at heritage are too short, you need the longer ones that sit flush otherwise they recess a long way into the wheel.

The one at heritage are too short, you need the longer ones that sit flush otherwise they recess a long way into the wheel.

Where from.... What's the part number please?

I bought some from main dealers a few years ago now.

I don't know the part number I'm afraid.

Not sure if it'd be considered a bodge but mine were all white stained and horrible too. I just took em off the car, gave them a good clean and dried them, then gave them a couple of coats of a sort of black plastic type paint. They look great now!