Ray1965

Auxiliary Belt Tensioner..Part Source?

The last couple of outings the tensioner sounds like its on it's way noisy when engine has been run for a couple of minutes.

Does anyone know the best place to get the correct part from?

Looks to be not a complicated job. M8, 80mm bolt needed for the tensioner.

Might as well change the belt as well while i'm at it.

My car has no AC so need to use one sided v groove belt.

i got one from euro car parts wasn't to expensive, it is possible to replace the actual bearing in the roller but mine wouldn't bodge, i also made the mistake in stripping the hell out of the bolt for the roller as its actually L/H thread, and yea its very easy to replace not worth getting a garage involved..

I replaced mine Sean, piece of cake to do only took about 1/2 hour.Take the o/s front wheel off and the plastic guards and access is easy.

I got a complete tensioner and a belt for about £40

Yeah I replaced my bearing and belt not long after getting the car John. The bearing was less than a fiver and only a few quid for an auxilliary belt from GSF/ECP, so did that too. A little more effort than replacing the entire tensioner, but I like doing things the hard way! lol.

Yeah I replaced my bearing and belt not long after getting the car John. The bearing was less than a fiver and only a few quid for an auxilliary belt from GSF/ECP, so did that too. A little more effort than replacing the entire tensioner, but I like doing things the hard way! lol.

Cheers Guys..

Sean, where did you get your bearing from?

You should be able to get bearings from your local bearing factors... Most big towns have one on their industrial estate. Different application but I bought one for a rotary Bosch sander last week for a few quid.

Just looked through my receipts, I got mine from engineersmate.com

Product code is 6203-2RS-SKF

There is no price on the invoice, but think it was less than a fiver from memory.