g0ldf1ng3r

Help with front & rear bumpers early / late dimensions

Hello all

I have searched the wiki but could not find anything relevant.

Does anybody know if there is much of a difference in dimensions between early & late front & rear bumpers, or have the exact figures?

I understand that late models, such as the late VR, have a slightly wider track & more flared arches but am unsure if this would impact the front & rear bumper dimensions.

I am toying with the idea of using something I had planned for the valver on the VR

any help would be greatly received.

thanks in advance

bump - anyone?

help pls lol

I would have thought they are the same size. I know if you have late spec bonnet you need late spec wings and visa versa but not heard anyone say The same about bumpers. I can have a measure tonight to confirm.

I would have thought they are the same size. I know if you have late spec bonnet you need late spec wings and visa versa but not heard anyone say The same about bumpers. I can have a measure tonight to confirm.

thanks Neale

I had heard the same too

I had also thought about measuring, it seemed the most sensible option, but how to go about it is what I wonder

all rado bumpers seem to naturally 'fit' slightly different to one another

I guess if I could somehow make a datum point which raised up vertically from each out edge of the bumper I could measure the gap between the 2 but I don't fancy adhering anything to the wings to hold an upright

I also didn't really want to have to remove them off the valver & vr to sight up & measure that way - I was kind of hoping someone who breaks rado's might have one of each stored & would see the post & compare them

it would be great if you could produce a decent measurement m8

I bought Hennys old shell, it had late bonnet and wings with early bumpers

thanks Neale

I had heard the same too

I had also thought about measuring, it seemed the most sensible option, but how to go about it is what I wonder

all rado bumpers seem to naturally 'fit' slightly different to one another

I guess if I could somehow make a datum point which raised up vertically from each out edge of the bumper I could measure the gap between the 2 but I don't fancy adhering anything to the wings to hold an upright

I also didn't really want to have to remove them off the valver & vr to sight up & measure that way - I was kind of hoping someone who breaks rado's might have one of each stored & would see the post & compare them

it would be great if you could produce a decent measurement m8

I have my early spec bumpers off at the mo but front is some pos fibre glass so wouldn't trust any measurements from that I can measure the rear though. What you got planned anyway?

I have my early spec bumpers off at the mo but front is some pos fibre glass so wouldn't trust any measurements from that I can measure the rear though. What you got planned anyway?

thanks Neale, the rear measurement would help too

if I can get a couple of estimates I can then compare to mine

the VR is in need of paint, again. unfortunately the body shop who painted the sides & bonnet turned out to be not the most perfect of outlets. after 18 months I ended up with micro blisters on the bonnet & they have gotten so bad now that the paint has started to crack between the raised bumps

plus I need to have the sill which was repaired last year painted & though I have no idea how I am going to fund it the gf is backing me for a respray

you may recall that I managed to get a full Kamei body kit, as per what it on the valver minus the front spoiler, from goldie on here.

original intention was to find a Kamei front spoiler & put that on the valver to get that to how it was when I first owned it

however, the devil is on my shoulder & shouting 'put it on the VR'

there are so few rado's with the Kamei kit, which I believe was a factory option for early versions, I don't know If I can resist

thanks Neale, the rear measurement would help too

if I can get a couple of estimates I can then compare to mine

the VR is in need of paint, again. unfortunately the body shop who painted the sides & bonnet turned out to be not the most perfect of outlets. after 18 months I ended up with micro blisters on the bonnet & they have gotten so bad now that the paint has started to crack between the raised bumps

plus I need to have the sill which was repaired last year painted & though I have no idea how I am going to fund it the gf is backing me for a respray

you may recall that I managed to get a full Kamei body kit, as per what it on the valver minus the front spoiler, from goldie on here.

original intention was to find a Kamei front spoiler & put that on the valver to get that to how it was when I first owned it

however, the devil is on my shoulder & shouting 'put it on the VR'

there are so few rado's with the Kamei kit, which I believe was a factory option for early versions, I don't know If I can resist

I haven't forgotten to do the measurements just been busy. As for the kamie kit go for it.

I haven't forgotten to do the measurements just been busy. As for the kamie kit go for it.

no problem m8 - busy weekend on the house myself too