Bails88

VR6 BOSCH Parts

I have a known good BOSCH ISV and known good BOSCH Coil Pack for sale. Both working perfectly only removed from the car last week as I was offered brand new parts at a price too good to refuse. It was running great anyway, the new parts haven't made any difference!

ISV

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121902457623?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Coil Pack

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121902460294?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Discount for forum members price:

ISV-£25 Posted UK only

Coil Pack-£55 Posted UK only

Do you know roughly how old the coil pack is? Or roughly how many miles it's done?

I'll take it if it's not too old.

Cheers

Gus

Do you know roughly how old the coil pack is? Or roughly how many miles it's done?

I'll take it if it's not too old.

Cheers

Gus

It is dated 47 2007, which I'm assuming is week 47 of 2007.

I've had it on the car for 2 and a half years, and only 8000 miles, without missing a beat.

Earlier history: I'm told it was bought as a spare and stored for the most part. I've no reason to think that isn't true, but I can't be absolutely certain.

I think I'll leave it for now, I need to check if mine is definitely the problem first before I take a punt on a second hand one.

Cheers

Gus

I think I'll leave it for now, I need to check if mine is definitely the problem first before I take a punt on a second hand one.

Cheers

Gus

No problem Gus. Happy to lend it out to you, no cost, see if it fixes your issue. If it doesn't, just send it back to me or if you decide to keep it, send some money once you know it works.

Let me know if that's any use to you.

Thanks, that's a very kind offer.☺

I won't hold up your sale but I'll try the old water mist test over the weekend and if this still hasn't sold I might take you up on the offer.

I have a small graveyard if these in my garage so I'm also looking at the possibility of non standard stronger alternatives if mine has gone again.

Hi guys, sorry to hijack the thread but what is the old water mist test?

I think i may have problems with my coilpack and would like to test it.

Thanks.

fill a spray bottle with water, wait till it's dark, start engine and spray the coil pack and ht leads with a fine mist of water. If you see sparks jumping you've found the problem. (Or at least one problem!)

fill a spray bottle with water, wait till it's dark, start engine and spray the coil pack and ht leads with a fine mist of water. If you see sparks jumping you've found the problem. (Or at least one problem!)

this is precisely what my mechanic explained to me when he said me leads were 'tracking'

fixed with a new set of blue magnecor's - pic going up in build thread later :)