TrumpieVr

High oil usage

Hi been trying to get to the bottom of high oil usage on my Corrado and have come to a dead end so thought I'd look for ideas of what it might be here. Basically it uses around 1ltr for 200 miles of hard driving using high revs (but sounds great:cool:) and about 100mlt for every 100 miles of normal motorway driving. It doesn't have a leak and doesn't seem to smoke (not that I've seen)however I can smell oil on occasions when waiting in traffic after a run and the engine is hot.

So far I've had the stem seals changed twice, had the whole engine rebored and rebuilt,had a replacement rebuilt head fitted. All this has been done by Stealth so I have no issue with workmanship but it still uses oil.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Was the engine run in correctly after having the bottom end rebuilt?

Yes to Stealths instructions, first 500 miles no more than 3500rpm then oil and filter changed then 500-1000 miles no more than 3600rpm then increase 100 rpm for every 100 miles. At 2500 miles went back to stealth, another oil and filter change and check over, checked compression and all OK between 180 and 210 from memory.

Weird. Have you spoke to Vince about it yet? Given how much you have spent with them I am sure they would want to get to the bottom of the problem. The aroma of oil is an interesting clue though.

Only logical conclusion I guess if there are no heavy external leaks is the piston rings having not sealed properly I guess?