EJ Taylor

Methanol Injection

Anyone got any experience of this? or have it on their boosted C

following a conversation with vince at stealth regarding how a front mount will drop psi on my vortech and loose power, im going to be installing methanol injection over the next month or so, wanted to hear from someone who has already done it, whats the before and after? power increases? the overall feel of the power distribution? Any feedback appreciated.

thanking you

a front mount what causing a power loss EJ?

I think methanol injection is popular over in the states but not 100% - might be worth looking on some forums over there

a front mount what causing a power loss EJ?

I think methanol injection is popular over in the states but not 100% - might be worth looking on some forums over there

WELL, after speaking to vince, he explained that due to the vortechs running at such low boost, and the complicates additional pipe work required for a front mount in these circumstances, all that extra pipe work and added length to the intake system drops the psi from the charger from 9 to about 7, therefore resulting in a loss of power, he recommended water meth, and if there is one thing i know about corrados, its always listen to vince.

sorry just read your post properly, front mounted inter cooler

WELL, after speaking to vince, he explained that due to the vortechs running at such low boost, and the complicates additional pipe work required for a front mount in these circumstances, all that extra pipe work and added length to the intake system drops the psi from the charger from 9 to about 7, therefore resulting in a loss of power, he recommended water meth, and if there is one thing i know about corrados, its always listen to vince.

sorry just read your post properly, front mounted inter cooler

I was still wondering until I got to your last sentence lol

I thought it might be an intercooler. I guess when using a charger the cooler needs to be much closer then

are you not tempted to turbo & ditch the charger, rather than adding the meth injection?

& why the desire for more power m8? is it simply wanting / chasing more horses or is all that sublimely spectacular audio build weighing you down now? ;)

had a little google just out of interest

saw a devils own brand that im sure I had seen a kit for sale on here, http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/171-vr6

then found a VROC page & guess who's name popped up - Vince, he gets everywhere that guy lol

http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/forums/topic/161-woo-hoo-water-methanol-injection-here-i-come/

the OP was also recommended it instead of an intercooler - some good comments on there though

I'm currently in the process of installing it to my g60. I've gone for a 5 port system so it will inject into each port of the inlet manifold and after the fmi. I've been told with a good map I should expect around 20bhp increase. Which system are you going for? It's should be back on the road in 6ish weeks and I've got to run it in for 1500 miles before I can get it mapped properly. Good to hear someone else is doing the same, let me know how you get on