g6089

power windows not working all the time

It started with the passenger window and it also shows up on the driver's window. It doesn't happen all the time but it is annoying when it happens. You would open the window and then it would refuse to lift and close. Fortunately after a couple or few tries it starts working again (so far) but I'm getting the feeling that one day it will just not work for good. Can't detect any noises, the switches just seem to play dead. My guess is the switches as this is a common problem for early Corrados. Any other idea?

Could be motor regulator too. Mine had started not opening on the drivers side one day then the next it would work fine. Gradually its been getting worse and now doesnt open atall.

Thats the feeling I'm getting, that the day they won't work at all is coming soon. Guess I'll have to wait for that and also see what you will be up to with yours.

Is the passenger side switch not working either when neither of them work? Just to rule out the mechanisms at least. There is a guide in the wiki iirc of how to disassemble the switch and clean the contacts which may help if its that mate.

Other options are a break in the cable at the door jam. When its not working, open the door and try again. Worth a go at least!

I have to check that but if I remember correctly when it first happened it was my drivers switch for the passenger's window and it worked when I used the passenger's switch. The second time around both switches wouldn't work but after a couple of tries the driver's side switch for the passenger's window worked.After a few days it was the driver's window not working when down but this one too after a couple of tries worked. Right now they both work but obviously don't know for how much longer.

Thats the feeling I'm getting, that the day they won't work at all is coming soon. Guess I'll have to wait for that and also see what you will be up to with yours.

Ill get round to mine soon.