Tigerfish

Door hinge pin

Anyone changed theirs? Any tips?

My drivers door drops very slightly when opening so the hinge is definitely worn. I have new pins, just trying to find the best way to swap the pins out.

forget removing the pins, its a nightmare! Just loosen the top door bolt and put an n-shaped shim behind it and tighten up. That will lift your door sufficiently to control the droop. did mine about 10 years back and the door position is still perfect. Shim only needs to be 1-2mm thick.

if you did want to replace the pins, its a door off job and you use a ball joint splitter to press the pins out, it takes a lot of force , got pics in my thread in members gallery , early on page 3? , threads called "my vr6 tt seats" {I think} , its not that bad of a job tbh as long as you got a shed/garage, a table with cushions or something to lay the door on and a 2nd pair of hands is also helpful when removing/fitting the door back...

Cool, thanks chaps. Might have a look at the shim option 1st, and resort to taking the door off if that doesn't work.