Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

lowering without compromise

which of the suspension lowering kits wil provide the drop but still give a comfortable ride? Most of the posts regarding this mod seem to concentrate on getting maximum droppage, but which one to use if you want to preserve the C's comfortable ride?

I heard the Weitec kit from C&R was the best compromise - any thoughts?

I've always had great experiences of setups using H&R springs. So you could go Koni TA dampers all round with H&R springs, or go for a H&R cup kit which use dampers made for and approved by H&R, with their springs.

I recently put a Bilstein Sprintline (not the Sportline) suspension kit on my dad's Mk2 Golf GTI. He's 65 so was pretty fussy about having a decent ride quality!! This kit came very highly recommended by a good friend in the trade I went for it. I was amazed by how good it was as I'd say the ride is only marginally firmer than VW fitted as standard to the car. It's not cheap at around the 430ukp mark, but yet again you get what you pay for!

All of these kits lower the car modestly - around 30-35mm, but probably offer the best ride quality.

HTH

Asim

What's your budget?

well around 400-500 notes tops

Thanks Asim, can you recommend any suppliers for the Bilstein - and do you thinks the heavier weight of the Corrado as opposed to the Golf might compromise the ride quality?

No worries Storm 2.

A company as good as Bilstein will ensure that each kit is tailored to the car application, so I'm sure the Corrado VR6 kit will be as good as the Golf one.

Euro Car Parts are a Bilstein dealer so you could try them?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/

I'd call them to see if they do kits for the Corrado, cos alot of these places only do Golf parts :roll: . If you're struggling let me know and I'll ask my mate who got me my kit.