Mrbaldhead

A Weird one

I had a problem with my ISV about 8 weeks back where the engine just cut out whilst i was driving and on start up the idle was all over the shop. RAC came to tow me home but after a bit of poking and taking sensors in and out on the VAG-COM it was mysteriously fixed. I was going to take the ISV off and give it a good clean but there have been no issues since so i'm not going to fix what is not broken.

However, noticed the MAF connector wires were nearly snapped so sourced another plug, snipped the old one off and neatly soldered a new one on, covered the wires in heat shield and job done. Happy as larry no issues what so ever.

Yes you guessed.......

There is a nibbling problem in that when the weather is wet or cold and the engine has not come up to temp, the car is quite juddery. There are no idle isues just when I keep a constant idle in say 2nd gear at 3000 RMP, the car is very fidgity and lumpy. As soon as the car is up to temp the issue goes 100%. Yet it seems that the car is a bit down on power?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I mean I need a new air filter as the KnN is a tad thick and I use 5W-40 Castrol oil with MOMENTUM 99 fuel.

Anyone else have any similar issues?

Thanks

Ian :)

Check your lamda probe as well, had the same thing and it turned out to be a faulty lamda probe