michaelbailey

Hit Sump, but now have oil pressure problem!

Hi guys, im a little distressed atm as I run my corrado daily and have come across a problem. Basically there was a lump of concrete in the road and being a lowered corrado I inevitable smashed my sump on it. I carried on for about 15 seconds before the oil light came on where it became apparent I was having a bad day. I instantly shut the car off within one flash of the light. I towed her home and plugged up the hole with a solid putty chemical metal I believe. Held the oil no leaks. start the car looking at the oil light doesn't go out after 5 seconds so I stop it. I check levels again start the car crossing fingers and same result. I have bought a new sump however this fix was to get me through the week, what would peoples thoughts be on the problem? My guess is the sump being pushed up is now blocking the oil intake but I don't know. any other ideas before I take the sump off and put new one on? thanks guys.

Sounds mostly likely. I guess depending on how hard the sump was hit, it might also have damaged the pick-up? Only way to know is to get the sump off and have a look. I would imagine you'll get away with just replacing the sump though.

I'd check the timing covers as well, the sump bolts up to one side, i wonder if that might of moved a bit, must of been a hell of a whack.

I found my pickup cracked after the PO had run stupidly low. Although I had no pressure issue, I'd definitely recommend inspection of it.

Let me know if you need a pump, I have spares available.

I will also have an ali 24v sump available soon if you are interested?

Hi guys after hours of removing stupid hex bolts with a stupid alan key because i couldnt find my kit which attachs to my socket set and then drilling one bolt out completely due to a thread that had no intentions of coming out i got the sump off and had a lovely sight of my oil pick all over the sump. Thankfully all else looks good and damage looks limited to the pick up and sump though a whole new oil pump is needed. No big deal. And VAG hag with regards to the oil pump what condition is it and how quickly can you get it to me living in manchester. Asap can not be stressed enough

Pump is is perfect working order and clean, I can have it ready and packaged tomorrow. £20 plus Courier to suit your requirements, your call in that respect.

Hi all just a quick update. Got new sump, oil pump and oil pump shaft (as oil pump seized and broke it) no all is well and actually sounds better probably need new oil pump and shaft. Thanks all!🖒