'Rado_TDI

Front ARB bush replacement

Well after 198,000 on the original bushes tonight I treated my rado to some new ones.

Anybody who thinks that is possible without dropping the subframe - you have my respect.

What a pain in the ass!

:D

I found after I had got over the fear of the car/engine/subframe toppling off their wobbly axle stand/jack etc and squishing my fingers I was better :)

I separated the bottom ball joints and track rod ends to get them out of the way a bit. oh and rotate dteh dropllinks 180 degrees. Then tentatively lowered the subframe (engine held with crane) at the back before eventually prizing at them with a small wrecking bar. once I had enough room to get the clip up, they prized backwards reasonable easily.

A load of rubber grease later and they kept spinning when I put them back in - I found a bit more levering with some screwdrivers and the were OK!

I didn't actually find it that hard, it would have been horrific had all my track rod ends, ball joints etc not been replaced in the last 3000 miles.

frigging sketchy balancing arrangement though :S

Sad I didn't do it sooner so I could have flung the ARB in the powder coating pile

I slung the uprated KW bars on and the bushes are super hard... well that's my excuse anyway :lol: