edition

VR6 HT Leads

Hi,

I bought 4 out of 6 genuine red by leads and have now found that the last two are obsolete!

Anybody know where I could get the last two? I've found some on German eBay but the look like a different style at the plug end (lots of holes in the metal sleeve). Will these fit?

Also any ideas on best place for a replacement coilpack? I have an engine that's misfiring.

Thanks,

I've just bought a set from Mr Retro Leads on eBay but I messaged him & asked for a set made from 7mm wire so they fit in the engine covers. Which he duly obliged & I had them within a few days. Excellent quality & service. He might make you just the two if you ask him but I imagine he'll need the length measurement.

Here's the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111376024327?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The red OEM leads are made by Bremi - I was able to get them from a motor factors. VW Classic parts also sometimes have leads in stock.

. b

Hi,

I bought 4 out of 6 genuine red by leads and have now found that the last two are obsolete!

Anybody know where I could get the last two? I've found some on German eBay but the look like a different style at the plug end (lots of holes in the metal sleeve). Will these fit?

Also any ideas on best place for a replacement coilpack? I have an engine that's misfiring.

Thanks,

Which 2 are you missing? I've got some red Bremi's, can't remember if got full set and couple of spares or 1 or 2 short of full set. Only used for bout a month and moved on to 10mm Race Leads. Think the Bremi's are 8 or 8.5 mm's from memory, very rare, but still fit in holders, tightly. I'll have proper look in garage when have chance, had quite a few very good leads experimented a bit before went for the 10mm's Race Dubsports think they are, and only bought them since. Bremi/VW are second best in my experience, Magnecors were disappointing.

The one's with holes in sleeves are for later Golf VR6's, they are different, they can be fitted just but very tight in the holes, their fatter, would'nt recommend, and you'll need a new or adpated tool to fit them. I had to make a special tool to fit the 10 mm ones, and their not quite as fat sleeves.