Ambulancedaz

Vr6 expansion tank

Hi I seem to remember from a earlier post that this tank is no good for the vr6 of am I wrong ?? Darren my part no is 021 121 407 so no quite the same ?

Apologies, yes the vr6 is different. As Jim said above, some people have replaced them with a mk4 item.

Sent from my SM-J500H using Tapatalk

Obsolete from source now, and many of the final ones were defective (ask me, I know). The original ones will be pretty damn grubby by now if you go second hand. I do know what you mean though, I've kept my new one on even though it gives me a slight worry every now and again just because its original and looks nice.

I bought the oem eggshaped one from VW a couple of years ago.

Was not that expensive but man!

Its so damn sensitive to the coolant level, it must be above the max line to not start the red light to blink...

The MK4 is a good upgrade!

Its the same problem a few of us have had. It generally manifests itself when water temp is up, and it causes the low level warning to go off all the bloody time. I have to constantly keep an eye on water and oil temps to reassure myself nothing is wrong.

Its the same problem a few of us have had. It generally manifests itself when water temp is up, and it causes the low level warning to go off all the bloody time. I have to constantly keep an eye on water and oil temps to reassure myself nothing is wrong.

Phu... not only me then :)

Was going over all the harness before I filled the tank with more than enought coolant.

Seems to work now.

Dont know why it does this but to much coolant cant be good either.