thesingh

Seeking a review on Leather Seat Cover?

If they go on the actual seats looking like that then I'll eat my hat :) which I am quite happy to do if they do actually look that good!

Kinda cool that the company are based in Osnabruck. The auction gets you one sample piece of leather to try - wonder what the entire interior would cost in just a nice plain 'OE' looking black leather..

Example auction for a complete normal looking interior for a MK1 cabrio is here, and looks pretty decent!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-1-Cabrio-Kunstlederbezuge-beige-Mittelteile-edel-perforiert-Leder-mogli-/141760939443

they do not look like a 'cover' to me

they look like a full kit to completely re-trim the upholstery

thus would require some skilled dis-assembly & even better skilled re-assembly

that said, with the right skills they could produce good results - though i would wonder about the leather durability as a result of what quality leather was used

could be an option if a refurb of originals is out of the question

Clearly Im not reading the auction properly. If it cost £400 for mk1, might as well get a set of leather seats.

Clearly Im not reading the auction properly. If it cost £400 for mk1, might as well get a set of leather seats.

i didnt notice the price lol

however, on 2nd look i did notice that the company says they can also produce the foam inserts. a better look & there are the seat upper inserts

i wonder if they can produce the one we all need, the drivers lower bolster!? cant see one on the ebay page though :(

I can't see the ebay link at work, but going by the pic in the OP, the original leather is a kind of kit like that. The lower bolsters are seperate to the base, and the back is seperate also. Its actually pretty straightforward to strip them down, they are held in place by metal hanger type rods that slot through folded over leather, then held to the base etc by sharp teeth.

The seat sides and parts of the door cards are actually vinyl. Each manufacturer has a different grain of vinyl they use too so unless you get the whole kit, it won't match. Depends how much of an OE freak you are I suppose, but if you're going aftermarket with these, I doubt the leather grain would be a great match. Remember all hides will be slightly different, so unless you get a complete kit from the same hide, chances are it'll be noticeable if pointed out.

Edited by seanl82