Sign in to follow this  
GazzaG60

Passing emissions on G60 without CAT

if your car is pre aug 92 it will be fine without a Cat if its a late g60 like mine a cat was fitted when made but, not needed unless the car was registered after aug 92 i think. so you should be okay. if it fails i would think there is a problem somewhere.

the car was built with a CAT. Tis June 92 but its deffo rich.

have been told it wont pass n judging by the exhaust i reckon that too.

reckon it would fail noise let alone emissions

make sure you have a 100% working o2 sensor. other than the cat, as long as the car runs okay, thats the most important thing.

good luck, i've failed 4 so far with my car. :x

Have you got a Jabba Sport chip installed as my car has been running very rich ever since they fitted their chip I ve got mine sorted now I ve got a gas tester from halfords and some time playing with O2 potentiometer and idle screw and it seems to be alot better now. I ve also got an MOT coming up and think it will probably fail on a couple of things but I'm trying to sort them out before I put it in. Good luck with it anyway!!! :o

how much was the gas analyser? sounds handy. take it you can use it to set emmissions before you get to the station. what does your Co_pot ohm at when the idle is set to pass a ticket

The gas tester costs around £50 I bought it a couple of years ago and has come in very handy for things like this. Well if your corrado hasn't got a cat on it and has a chip It should be running between 1% - 1.5%co, but the MOT station will pass it if it's below 3%. you know how to get an accurate reading to tune it, if you dont you have to run your car upto normal temperatures then switch off the ignition and disconnect the blue coolant sensor at the front of the engine bay and also disconnect the crankcase breather hose that comes out of the rocker cover and into the boost return pipe for the charger. You then have to rev 2 or 3 times to 3000rpm and let it settle for a minute and then you can accurately measure your CO and adjust if need be. Hope this helps!!!

cheers. think i may pick one up.

did you have to set yours or was it ok anyway.

What did you set it to with the analyser and did it run ok. i dont have an AF gauge yet c.

I' ve actually set mine to 1.5% and it's running fine better than ever actually. I did have to set mine up as for the past few months since I ve had the chip fitted at Jabba it's been running at a ridiculous 5.6% thats why I guess my fuel economy has been cr*p only been able to get about 180miles to £35 of petrol pretty bad eh!!! :roll:

Did you speak to Jabba sport about this? Where they helpful? I may have to get a rebuild soon and was thinking about getting a stage 4. But as I'm north of the border I have to know it is going to work first time. I.e. not have to go back because of things like the above. Would cost me a fortune in petrol not to mention the mileage.

Assume you have a few more mods than just the charger.

laters

I live over 200 miles away from jabba and had my chip,pulley and stg 4 done there wasn't a problem at all but iI ve since found that it's been running rich ever since, but I ve sorted it myself. I will be getting my charger serviced and all the other bits done at PD Motorsport as they are closer to me and seem to be very good at what they do. Darren and John seem to be great lads and are always keen to help so I have full confidence in them. If this dont make much sense it's because Ive had a skinfull tonight being Christmas and all that!!! hey hey Merrry Bloody Christmas Chaps catch you laters