Sign in to follow this  
RadoAds

WHY SHOULD I BUY A G60!!!

My lodger (an old mate from Uni) definitely has his heart on a Cupra R (his E-reg 16 valver is falling apart around him). It would perhaps be a bit sad if we both ended up with the same type of car parked outside the house ;)

He's off to see a couple - a £14K 210bhp model, and a £16K 225bhp model. According to the dealer though, the additional power is somewhat offset by a heavier aircon unit and the difference on the road is almost unnoticable. Must be a bloody heavy aircon unit then :)

You can't feel the difference with air-con on or off in my mate's. I'd prefer not to have it and have a sunroof instead!

No Cupra Rs are out of warranty yet, so be careful if planning to chip it. I wouldn't care personally, but some people do and you don't want the turbo blowing up because the chip has altered the boost pressure. SEAT will tell you to piss off, leaving you to foot the £1500 replacement bill!

His puts out 218bhp anyway, as standard (Last year's 210 model) so they're grunty motors!

It's not untraceable. You can't see it using VAG diagnostic equipment unless you know what to look for.

Even with it set back to stock mode (via REVO SPS), you can still see that it's been altered but the dealers don't really care enough to look. As always, though the rule remains - if you can't afford to fix/replace it, leave it alone.

I reckon the dealers telling porkies about the air-con, people being people it'll be tougher to shift a 210bhp version without dropping a lot off the price because it's perceived as being the old version. It's a map change, no hardware differences so they both re-map to ~270bhp. The 225 has red CUPRA writing in the badges - the 210 is black.

it'll be tougher to shift a 210bhp version without dropping a lot off the price because it's perceived as being the old version

Good line to take. It might help him get a reasonable trade in for his (frankly knackered) 16 valver Golf in that case.