Sign in to follow this  
RadoAds

WHY SHOULD I BUY A G60!!!

at the end of the day it all depends on the driver................200bhp G60 v 200bhp VR(same box ratios etc).........it'll be down to which driver is the more "committed" and whoever gets the start

thats from the one above my first post by the way

Yes, but Roddy is saying that given the same car setups, ratios, power etc, it's down to the *Driver*.

He's not saying that the G60, with the same credentials, is slower.....

ok, but surely the g60 would be quicker as it is lighter? im only starting to understand bhp/torque - wieght ratios, so please forgive my ignorance...;)

How do you define "quicker" - there are so many variables - driver, road conditions, in-gear acceleration, standing start, condition of tyres, mechanicals, brakes etc.

My old 205GTi on paper was slower than my Racing Puma but over my favourite stretch of cross country road it was the Peugeot that put the bigger smile on my face.

I have driven a couple of Corrado VR6's and own a G60 - both are great cars that (providing you find a good one) are guranteed to put a smile on your face - what you decide to buy is purely down to personal preference, I chose a G60 over a VR6 for personal reasons but would never knock anyone who chooses to buy a VR6 - after all, we all love Corrado's don't we????

How do you define "quicker" - there are so many variables - driver, road conditions, in-gear acceleration, standing start, condition of tyres, mechanicals, brakes etc.

Precisely.

Had an interesting duel today. My mate was 3 up in his Leon Cupra R and I was 3 up in my C VR6 and over 120 odd miles (a mixture of urban, rural and motorways) they were pretty well matched in accelerative power, both with me in front and him following me.

As we know eachother so well, we could predict when we were going to boot it so neither of us were left floundering in the wrong gear. Now that is a definitive test!

My shricked and Throttled VR was easily as punchy as the Leon in the midrange and it was noticably faster than the Leon at higher revs. He commented that he had to get a lot of boost on to keep up and likwise it took some work keeping with him.

At the end of the day, only the Forced induction VR6s and highly modded 1.8T Corrado boys will comprehensively waste a G60 and standard VR. Tweaked G60s and VRs will be fairly evenly matched. Certainly not a big enough difference to get excited about.

We had the choice of plain or 'Schrick' logo'd manifolds when ordering them. I went for a plain one thinking it would just be a smooth casting, but all they did was left the raised metal portion present and just didn't mill 'Schrick' out of it! Gits!

So I stuck a Golf VR6 grille badge on it instead :lol:

looks cool man :wink: i thought it mighta been one of those fake turkish imports like those designer sunglasses LOL

LOL, a fake Schrick! Made from recycled coke cans!

I bought a fake Tag watch from Turkey (about £3!) and it lasted 4 years until I got it wet, then it stopped, LOL!

I would.. I want an Omega Speedmaster but can't afford the crazy price tags for them - i'd be happy with a fake :)

Real or copy?

I like the Seamasters too (Bond... James Bond) but just really like the design of the Speedmasters - especially the standard looking ones used on the Apollo missions.

Its a real one mate, wife bought it me for my birthday last year, so i bought her an Omega constellation, bit more money than mine tho (more than double :cry: ), and keeps the time alot better than mine does, but i like the sweeping second hand so I have to put up with bad time keeping, :lol:

Looks like a decent rep, but why would anyone pay £100 quid for a fake, it has the omega seahorse on the bottom but I thought that was only on the Seamaster not the Speedmaster.........details....details :lol: might be wrong though :?

lol didnt realise that....dman i wanted to act like a mod for a sec :oops:

:roll: :lol:

Well you gotta love 'em both anyway :)

After 5.5 years of G60 ownership, it's probably about time I sampled the delights of the VR6 on a more longterm basis...;)

Either that or, funnily enough since Kev just mentioned it and it's the other car on my list, a Cupra R...:)

Yeah the cupra R is a lovely motor, but still alot of pennies :( and due to the fact im destitute ill have to wait :x

The Cupra R is indeed a lovely motor. My mate went for the optional Recaros too, which have airbags in them and look really nice. The ride is VERY firm but the chassis copes with the 18s perfectly. And the brakes......wow!

They handle bloody well aswell, easily as good as the Corrado does.

It was good to have a 120 mile race with one :lol: I'm pleased my 10 year old jallopy can keep with a 12 month old Cupra R.

As for watches. I have an Omega Seamaster Pro, a real one, which is very nice. Don't think I'll buy a swanky watch again as I hardly look at it ! I went for the normal quartz one as I can't be arsed to keep resetting Chronos as I don't wear a watch at the weekend. Damn sexy watches tho 8)