delfinis38

Front bumper removal

Can someone give me a quick guide to removing the front bumper. Something that has annoyed me for 20 years that the bumper doesn't fit as it should. I guess it was removed to fit airco. The side of the bumper just below the drivers wing flex's in and out about 5 mm. I guess it not slid into the location or it's broken. If it's broken can you buy the locator... Part number ?..

hi m8

if it is a VR then the main thing i recall from when i changed my rad was to support the engine with a jack when you remove the 2 big bolts that go through an engine mount on either side

as for the rest it is just removing indicators/fogs (they can be a bitch if the the screws have rusted) & the air temp sensor which clips into the bottom of one side of the bumper

there are 2 locating 'lugs' on each side behind the bumper into which the bumper slides & positions

Try this mate,

http://www.corrado-club.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9393

It's most likely where where the bumper slides on to, its the side fixings with 2 round circle things on it.

What you might be best doing for the sliding in and out issue. Is to take the wheel arches off, then trying packing the side bumper fixings out with some thin sheets of plastic or something.

It will make sense when you look, with the wheel arches removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try this mate,

http://www.corrado-club.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9393

It's most likely where where the bumper slides on to, its the side fixings with 2 round circle things on it.

What you might be best doing for the sliding in and out issue. Is to take the wheel arches off, then trying packing the side bumper fixings out with some thin sheets of plastic or something.

It will make sense when you look, with the wheel arches removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers guys.. Have inner arch off so will have a look.

A shim would be the ideal solution.

Edited by delfinis38