sankysvr6

Brake hose picture request.

I'm trying to replace my middle two brake hoses for, braided ones. Had the hoses for awhile. But they were proving very difficult to remove, so left as they were.

Well I've gone back to them, and passenger side has rusted solid. But after a lot of messing around. I've managed to get off. Had to cut the old hose and the hard brake line in the process.

There is a metal type bracket where the pipe goes, that got a bit bent. Anyone happen to have a picture of it. So that I can roughly bend it back like it's meant to go. And also a picture of the hard brake line.

7c396008f979fbf5f05eac7530e74f3b.jpg

7d6cc32ff773fe55ab67be556afa334e.jpg

That's how mine is now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember doing mine 7/8 years back along with the axle bushes.. Right little bastids to remove, even when using a proper union spanner..stupid brackets always bend.

Judging by the photo I reckon you'll be fine, as long as the line or pipe doesn't rub or touch metal it'll be fine.

Now go and do the one near the brake compensator and stay sane..!

I remember doing mine 7/8 years back along with the axle bushes.. Right little bastids to remove, even when using a proper union spanner..stupid brackets always bend.

Judging by the photo I reckon you'll be fine, as long as the line or pipe doesn't rub or touch metal it'll be fine.

Now go and do the one near the brake compensator and stay sane..!

Yeah it is **** design, putting the fitting on some flimsy piece of metal.

Do you mean the other end of the hard brake line? If so I tried loosening that end before sacrificing the pipe. Which came off quite easily, which made a change.

b6cdf07a3626f740e0deacca1af7f0ea.jpg

The braided lines were purchased of C&R enterprises. But you can buy them from nearly everywhere.

Just remember you will need to buy 2 sets, if you decide to fit MK4 rear callipers.

Need to find someone to make me a new hard line now.

I already have Mk4 callipers fitted at the rear with a pair of Goodridge braided lines, why do I need two sets of I have them fitted?

There is a chap on here that made me new hard lines for my rear beam, here is the link.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?53172-Genuine-vw-corrado-brake-lines-remanufactured

Thanks for the link.

I didn't realise you had MK4 calipers already.

In that case you will just need a Corrado set of hoses. It's a 6 line kit, so you will just end up with 2 spare hoses for the standard rear calipers.

All done, got new pipe made by one of local garages. I then decided to paint the new brake pipe black,because I already had a spray can in the garage. Just because I didn't like the copper look of the new pipe.

You can just about see the pipe in picture.

c29a580d81401411155a4b4a671d23d1.jpg

a46e6092cb8e8d30456fe0b6b20a0267.jpg

Best thing was the drives side pipe came off without to much of a struggle.

07777295a6c27c377ef06ec693fbc2e7.jpg

Used a very little bit of copper grease on top of the joints, and finished off with some white spray grease after tightening everything up and bleeding. Hopefully this prevent them from seizing again. Even though I doubt they will be ever removed again.