Jon_vr6

Front wing screws

Has anyone replaced the screws that run along the edge of the front wing (near the wheel)? If so do you know the part number used ?

Also do they require a washer ?

Cheers

Jon

You'll get from the dealer. Pretty standard item. They have a washer attached and new ones will be gold/brass in colour. Or is it the wheel arch screws you are looking for?

You'll get from the dealer. Pretty standard item. They have a washer attached and new ones will be gold/brass in colour. Or is it the wheel arch screws you are looking for?

The wheel arch ones that connect it to the wheel arch liner

They are just standard self tapping. I'll check the part# when I get a chance.

Be great if you could mate, ive checked vagcat and its showing two different numbers

Are you putting on a new liner? Be aware that the hole will have widened with age and you'd be better of using a slightly larger self tapping one.

Are you putting on a new liner? Be aware that the hole will have widened with age and you'd be better of using a slightly larger self tapping one.

Having the wings resprayed so thought id get some new screws

Right, this is what I think you need per side:

3 x N 10657201 - oval head panel screw 6,3x16

3 x 443821699 - plastic clip for screw to screw into

and

5 x N 01396921 - oval head panel screw 4,8x16

5 x N0116653 - washer 5,3x15x1,6

You can probably just get away with the first two line items. Get your dealer to show you the parts diagram to make sure they have the right ones.

• Like 1

Is 443821699 still available?

That's the question really - I can't tell - I don't have access to the back end. Most of the VW dealer stock system is still out of date and not real-time I've discovered recently.

That is probably the part where you are going to get stuck - but it looks like it's just a plastic nut insert, you could actually make some up on a 3D printer and drill a pilot hole for the screw to grip.

On the other hand you'd be surprised what weird little trim clips are still available from a friendly dealer as they made thousands of them spare and some are used across the range. And don't get stung by the dealer that says you have to buy a box of 50 etc., they are listed as individual items and I've never had issues buying them as such.

I replaced mine with VW ones, they are just a black screw, i notice the ones on my audi are alloy or stainless and don't rot.

I'd just buy a bag from online somewhere, always feel ripped off by the dealer

I replaced mine with VW ones, they are just a black screw, i notice the ones on my audi are alloy or stainless and don't rot.

I'd just buy a bag from online somewhere, always feel ripped off by the dealer

Are they like the ones on the link on page 1?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The ones i bought from VW were like these ones (from page 1), But the Corrado ones are a posi drive and hard to tell but i think the diameter of the head might be smaller. How many do you need as i might have spares.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161250240327

I'd probably get something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POZI-FLANGE-SELF-TAPPING-SCREWS-A2-STAINLESS-STEEL-FLANGED-TAPPERS-No-6-8-10-12-/111846279119?var=410826600773&hash=item1a0a8ec7cf:m:mdZtzucZ5zRReXwYrrir5og