chur1996

Black 1994 Corrado VR6, manual with leather interior ***Reduced to £3900***

***Exhaust now sorted!***

***Price now lowered to £3900***

Pics now added! Although higher resolution on eBay if you want a REALLY close look at her!

I'm using the app at the moment, so easier to post the eBay link!

Any questions, please ask.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331915841025

Here is the advert text though for reference. won't let me upload pics on here just yet, says the files are too big. I'll add when I get chance, but the link above has pics.

Get your hands on a modern classic! If you're looking at this listing then I probably don't need to fill you in on any of the details about Corrados in general, so I'll concentrate on this specific one.

I have been using this as a daily driver for the past four months, and have enjoyed every minute of it! Fantastic V6 rumble, still with plenty of performance despite it's age. The engine note is nicely accentuated by a RamAir induction kit and Scorpion Performance exhaust system.

The bodywork on this car is fantastic: I won't exaggerate and say it's flawless or in concourse condition, it is 22 years old after all and has associated stone chips etc. However, all the panels are straight and completely rust free! I couldn't believe the condition when I bought it, the previous two that I'd viewed were far worse (holes in wings etc.) It could easily pass for less than ten years old.

Mechanically the car is sound. It has just had it's MOT, which doesn't expire until July 2017. I spent over £1000 to get it through: full service with oil and filter change; four brand new tyres (Avon ZV5's); 6 new metal brake pipes on the rear brakes, with nearside and offside flexible hoses (4 in total); new outer CV Boot kit to offside front wheel; welding to nearside front floor section (water was ingressing into the passenger footwell area - now completely welded and sealed); rear brake actuator replaced.

The interior is in good condition as well. This car has a full black leather interior, obviously there is some wear to it but there are no tears/rips/wearthrough to the seat bolsters etc. The only thing of note is a small piercing to the passenger seat, looks like someone has dropped a knife/screwdriver/compass point and pierced a slight hole in it. Not particularly noticeable though.

Good points:

- Still has it's original Service Book with all service stamps since 1994 in it!

- Plenty of documentation with work done over the years.

- Full Closure Clifford alarm/immobiliser fitted.

- Rear spoiler rises and falls as it should (at 55-60mph).

- Sunroof tilts open.

- Original Speedline alloy wheels still fitted.

- Bodywork in excellent condition.

- Two keys for the car.

- All work carried out on it above!

Bad points:

- Sunroof doesn't slide open. Common fault, new motor required but I never got round to it.

- Exhaust is blowing slightly: there is a hairline crack to the centre section, I will aim to have this welded before sale, but I'm willing to negotiate accordingly if it hasn't been done.

- MOT advisory that there was a slight seepage of power steering fluid - I have fixed this with a power steering additive, but appreciate that some people may want to go the whole hog and replace the rack.

- There was an advisory for a slight oil leak as well: this appears to be where the sump plug had scraped the ground though and it had scored the corner of the plug. Since the MOT I have re-drained the oil and had a new sump plug fitted, this seems to have done the trick. However, worthy of mention.

There is a Panasonic DAB/CD/iPod head unit fitted currently, I will probably remove this prior to sale but am willing to leave it in for £100.

The car has been lightly modified from standard by previous owners (induction kit and exhaust mentioned above), it has coilover suspension and has been lowered slightly from standard, Samco hoses have replaced the originals under the bonnet.

I bought this car on a whim in late March of this year to be honest, and am only selling as I want something more modern. As stated, I have been using it as a daily driver and it's probably not realistic to expect a car of this age to be doing so.

The money spent on it for MOT brought home to me that I am no mechanic! All of these were relatively easily fixable things that anyone with basic skills could do themselves for a fraction of the cost - I am not mechanically minded and would always have to take it in to a garage!

In an ideal world I would keep it as a second/weekend car, unfortunately I can't afford to so am reluctantly selling it. I always wanted one, so am glad that I have, even if only for a relatively short period of time. It was always my intention to sell it after approximately 6 months anyway.

All in, the car probably owes me just over £5000, but I am realistic to know that I won't get back all money spent, so I think £4500 is a fair price all in.

I am open to offers of course, but nothing ridiculous. Check out the prices of other VR6's on Autotrader! Frightening stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by chur1996
Price amended

Right: this has got to go! Need to sell to help fund a holiday! Reduced to £4250 on eBay, £4000 to a forum member.

Can anyone advise how I can amend the title of this thread to amend the price? I can't seem to get into it and don't want to clutter the section with a new ad. Cheers!

I'll need to double check, but off the top of my head I don't think so. I'm away at the minute, will let you know tomorrow

Right: this has got to go! Need to sell to help fund a holiday! Reduced to £4250 on eBay, £4000 to a forum member.

Can anyone advise how I can amend the title of this thread to amend the price? I can't seem to get into it and don't want to clutter the section with a new ad. Cheers!

Hit edit at the bottom of the page, then hit advanced at the bottom of that page to go to the main edit screen where you can also change the title

I guess 4300 gets you a bit further than clacton on holiday theses days.

It's not all going on a holiday! Part of it will, the rest to help fund my next car

Hit edit at the bottom of the page, then hit advanced at the bottom of that page to go to the main edit screen where you can also change the title

Great stuff, thanks for that