Rado87

VR failed MOT on emissions

Yay! Spot on, cheers Dox. What day reckon to the results then? K and N to blame?

I've posted it on another forum, I'll let you know what their advice is

Thanks mate. Just been doing a bit more research and there seems to be a potential issue with the charcoal canister? Any thoughts? Maybe the fuel vapours are throwing the emissions haywire? People seem to remove them and vent them under the wing and block the pipe going to the manifold?

So, to hopefully conclude this matter, an auto electrician has found a broken wire in the lambda plug and the inlet manifold temp sensor was faulty! Had these fixed and hopefully all is well. As soon as get the emissions rechecked I'll update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be interesting to know if it was the heater or signal circuit affected on the O2 sensor, if it's not functioning the ECM will not go into closed loop. Bear in mind there are other reasons such as leaking fuel injectors, high fuel pressure and burning oil that will raise the HC content of the exhaust.