vwfil

Active spoiler microswitch

Hi all.

returning member after the Mrs bought me a new project C for my 30th birthday after having not owned one for 8 years.

My rear spoiler is stuck up it will manually lower and I've traced the problem to one of the micro switches in the mech.

Can anyone point me to a website where I can order a replacement switch as the originals have no details on them and I'm assuming will now be obsolete and replaced with a newer alternative?

Thanks

Phil

No worries mate gonna try taking it into maplins. If they don't have the exact size I'll try n get something slightly smaller and plastic weld the mounts in the mech to make it fit don't wanna buy a full mech for the sake of a £1 switch if I can help it.

I bought 2 switches from maplin, the closest they sell are slightly shorter in length but I put a small strip of steel between the switch and the housing and it kept everything solid and now works as intended. The steel is maybe a bit overkill, anything about 1mm thickness that you can cut into a small square about the size of the end profile of the 2 switches when sat next to each other would be fine.

Ben.

Don't suppose you still have the part number for them do you Ben? Save me stripping the old one out to compare sizes in the shop.

Cheers

Phil

Maplin

SPDT miniature microswitch

Code: N95AQ

This microswitch is a direct replacement tried and tested by me today. It's about .5 mm smaller all round but still fits snuggly into the spoiler mech and works perfect for future reference !

I went into my local Maplins a couple of month ago, microswitch in hand, and they couldn't supply me with anything. And couldn't find anything else with the correct ratings. I'll order some off the Maplins website though.