GrizzlyBear

De-misting issues

Further to my last post, I've finally managed to fix my heater/blower so now I wont go cold in the winter. However, no matter what setting or temprature I put it on all the windows seem to mist up! When it's going i've felt the vents and the air flow dosen't seem great, especially on the left hand side that de-mists the front windscreen. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? As it seems better to to have my window open like I did before but I can't really do that in winter!

Thanks in advance, also my car has is a no AC model but does have heater rear screen.

You have a leaking heater matrix by the sounds of things.

agree the misting shouldnt be happening & is normally caused by matrix

as for the poor air glow on the LHS it could be that the ducting behind the dash has become disconnected or loose. it only takes a join to be slightly out to loose lots of air flow

if you have changed the blower motor itself the air flow should be good unless there are gaps in the ducting

IIRC you can get to the LHS section & where it joins the centre T part by removing the under tray & glove box

if you want a guide with lots of pictures on how to change the matrix by dash removal drop me a PM with your email address. it is a fairly simple but tricky ish job

also, could be worth preparing yourself to have to reline the air box which controls the air direction. i did not re-felt the one in my valver when i put a new matrix in last year & now am looking at pulling the dash out again to do so as i only get luke warm air when on hot as the air box is not cutting out the cold feed

Thanks for the info guys. I posted a while ago about my heater matrix going as steam was coming from the vents. However it did stop so I just hoped it was a fluke, so I changed the heater motor and switch over thinking things would be dandy... how wrong I was...

Goldfinger- I have your help sheet already and will get started soon as I can, thanks for the extra info on the air flow!

fendervg- I seem to keep forgetting I own a Corrado... It's one thing after another!

I'll keep you posted.

Very good advice there. It's one of the jobs we all dread!

thanks fender

i too really did dread the job but thanks to the guide & lots of envelopes & labeling it really wasnt too tough at all - a few scraped knuckles at the worst

i am wondering / hoping i can re-felt the air box without physically removing it

Thanks for the info guys. I posted a while ago about my heater matrix going as steam was coming from the vents. However it did stop so I just hoped it was a fluke, so I changed the heater motor and switch over thinking things would be dandy... how wrong I was...

Goldfinger- I have your help sheet already and will get started soon as I can, thanks for the extra info on the air flow!

fendervg- I seem to keep forgetting I own a Corrado... It's one thing after another!

I'll keep you posted.

tidy - i wasnt sure if i had already sent it you lol

the air flow is basically a T section in the middle & 2 arms going to each side - all will become clear one you start

there are pictures & description from when i did the valver's on my build thread too if you want to see

rado's can seem that way m8 but i always tell myself i save many £'s a year on not having a monthly payment for a 'new' car & new cars are more of a pain when they break, which is more often than we think, cause they are so complex

Thank's for the info mate, I'll have look at your threads to get an idea.

And totally agree with you on that, also I don't think any car can put a smile on my face like a rado does! I'm not very mechnical minded, I tinker here and there but at least I can work on my car unlike the newer stuff lol.