Jim

NEC Classic Car Show 11-13 November 2016

We've got space for two Corrado's on the CCGB stand for the NEC Classic Car Show at the NEC from between the 11th to the 13th of November. I'm going to shamelessly steal Eric's nice little write up about this:

The season end show, not to miss!

Last year in excess of 60.000 people walked through the gates at the NEC, to look at our cars.

3-car club stand secured: Hall 5, stand 477, or 5-477 for short.

Do you want to put your Corrado on the stand this year? Couple of things to consider:

You MUST get your car to the NEC by Thursday 10/11/2016 22:00, leave it inside the hall on our stand till Sunday 13/11/2016 17:30, no vehicle movement during the show. You will get a car parking pass for a support vehicle (to get from and to the show during the show dates) as well as wristbands for each show day.

Only fill in your name on the events calendar if you are going to display your car for the full 3 days. No need to register if you are only intending on visiting the show as a day visitor, but not put car on stand.

Only count the car, not the people you intend to bring!

Visit the official Classic Car Show website for things like hotels (in case you are travelling from further afield), but may I suggest the possibility of staying in nearby Coventry (much cheaper hotel costs), and taking the excellent 10-minute train connection straight to the NEC/B'ham airport train station. Ibis hotel in Coventry Centre, eg., 10 minute walk from Coventry train station usually a lot cheaper than any of the on-site hotels.

N.B.: Eagle-eyed amongst you may notice it says 3-car clubstand, yet only 2 spaces are up for grabs. Watch this space as the mystery unfolds

So, as Eric says, the car actually remains at / inside the NEC for the duration of the show - it needs to be there by the Thursday where you can get it inside the hall, washed / detailed, and then it has to stay put until the show closes on the Sunday. This of course is a lot of commitment but a number of us have had our cars on the stand over the last few years and it remains a favourite show without doubt. Lots of interest, lots of people coming up to chat and look round the cars, and of course the show itself is ENORMOUS so there's so many cars to see - I think it spans at least 6 halls of the NEC.

CCGB thread is here: http://www.corradoclubgb.co.uk/ccgb16/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=2&id=9194&Itemid=190#9194

The club has a stand complete with gazebo and usually a table and chairs so you have somewhere to come back to and rest if you've had enough of walking around.

If you have any other questions and want to know more, just ask. I'm a veteran of the event!

Hi Jim

is there any closing date for the 2 above spots?

am i right that for the practical classics stand the cars can be in 'some' state of restoration point? rather than all show n shine

i am entirely unsure at this moment where things may be at by the time of the show but it is only down the road from me & it could be possible to leave one of the rado's there for the weekend - however i am not sure which nor what state they would be

Hi Jim

is there any closing date for the 2 above spots?

am i right that for the practical classics stand the cars can be in 'some' state of restoration point? rather than all show n shine

i am entirely unsure at this moment where things may be at by the time of the show but it is only down the road from me & it could be possible to leave one of the rado's there for the weekend - however i am not sure which nor what state they would be

The closing date will be if someone else beats you to it I guess. Would probably have to depend on some committee members to fill the stand if we don't get any other interest.

In terms of the condition of the car - well, this isn't the restoration show (that's earlier in the year) so the car needs to ideally be road worthy and in one piece if you plan to display it on the stand! :)

The closing date will be if someone else beats you to it I guess. Would probably have to depend on some committee members to fill the stand if we don't get any other interest.

In terms of the condition of the car - well, this isn't the restoration show (that's earlier in the year) so the car needs to ideally be road worthy and in one piece if you plan to display it on the stand! :)

sorry Jim i misread

that is kind of what i guessed about closing date but thought best to ask

both the VR & valver are in one piece (well two but separately lol) & have mot currently :)

reason for me being unsure is that the case might be different by November

i willkeep an eye out & see what goes on

Hi Jim,

I really interested, I've just got my car all painted and back together and although not concourse level it's pretty acceptable. If you need to fill the space I'm interested?

Hi John - I think we may be looking for some concrete offers of cars! I'll fire an email to the CCGB event organiser and see where we are in terms of filling the stand. Cheers!

Hi John - I think we may be looking for some concrete offers of cars! I'll fire an email to the CCGB event organiser and see where we are in terms of filling the stand. Cheers!

Is that supposed to read "concrete" or "concourse" Jim a bit vague regarding post

Concrete. As in firm offers of people wanting to put their cars on the stand.

Stand is now full. Why not come and see us at the NEC this year we are right next to the Wheeler Dealers. Can't miss us. Merchandise will be available for sale and the new improved Corrado Club 2017 Calendar and our new generic style T Shirt.

Ron

I'd love to bring my car. But I doubt I could make it by Thursday evening. Leaving work at 15:00 then Cologne to Birmingham wouldn't be an easy mission.

Do we have a discount code for tickets? I'm about to book my 3 day pass.

I'm hoping to be there on Friday and will probably hang around at the CCGB stand most of the day :)

I will go on the Friday too - away at the weekend.

If you fancy driving to mine, we could hop on the train. I only live a 10 minute walk from the train station :)

Thanks Jim.

Presumably you do this to save on the NEC Parking fees ?

Yeah - I don't have a parking permit for this year, and it's extortionate at £12. That said, return train ticket for two of us would probably be the same so we may as well drive.

Yeah - I don't have a parking permit for this year, and it's extortionate at £12. That said, return train ticket for two of us would probably be the same so we may as well drive.

m8! just park in the birmingham international train station car park instead & then walk over - there is a connecting tunnel

cost about 5 or 6 notes that way IIRC ;)

ive done it last 2 times ive been to NEC

i also found it easier to get out of the area after the shows - when i saw Prince last year the traffic was stacked everywhere but still got out fairly quick, jeff dunham the previous year we were out & on the m42 in a few minutes

Jim, Lets catch up nearer the time.

If driving quite happy to pick you up.

Although - Parking at Train Stataion seems a good option.

Thanks Goldfinger

Jim, Lets catch up nearer the time.

If driving quite happy to pick you up.

Although - Parking at Train Stataion seems a good option.

Thanks Goldfinger

no problem Wendy - it is a good trick :)

Or park at the Genting Arena shopping mall car park, directly opposite the main entrance to halls 1 and 5 (CCGB is in hall 5).

Tempest