misterbeck

sunroof motor required

I fitted a replacement sunroof motor to my 95 VR6 Corrado last year and it was working perfectly until approx 6 weeks ago. Now it opens just as well before but now it does not move back and close properly - stops short of closing by about 3 inches. Then i have to repeatedly press the knob to nudge/inch it back into close position.

It sounds like i need another new motor after all unless there is a fix or if i can reset the motor.

I would be very grateful it someone had a working motor they could offer me. Thanks all.

Mk3 golf fit. I swapped mine to one and not had the problem since

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No, sorry. But I think they are all the same in a mk3 and certainly cheaper and more readily available

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I fitted a replacement sunroof motor to my 95 VR6 Corrado last year and it was working perfectly until approx 6 weeks ago. Now it opens just as well before but now it does not move back and close properly - stops short of closing by about 3 inches. Then i have to repeatedly press the knob to nudge/inch it back into close position.

It sounds like i need another new motor after all unless there is a fix or if i can reset the motor.

I would be very grateful it someone had a working motor they could offer me. Thanks all.

Sounds to me like the cast metal thingys have snapped, common fault. Does it flip up ok ?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Mine was working fine for 9-10 months after i installed the new re-conditioned motor. I used the recommended white lithium grease to lubricate and everything has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago.

Mine opens fine but only goes back half way before you have to start nudging it.

Perhaps it is something to do with the number of rotations in the motor needing to be reset so that it can close?...