Plane

G60 charger tensioner tool

As per the title, I am searching for one of the charger tensioner tools to make the removal that little bit easier.

Does anyone have one they are willing to sell?

Thanks,

Paul

You really dont need one. Remove by tapping it out sideways, refit buy pushing down on the top with the flat edge of a big spanner, it's a really simple job once you've done it the first time!

What is the force in the spring like? If I tap it out will it fly up?

I've never taken out a charger before and I've read all sorts from easy to the force of the spring make it fly up?

The unsprung length of the tensioner is less than an inch longer than sprung. the bottom bolt still holds it in, so it springs up about an inch, you'd have to do something really daft for it to cause any issues. Where are you based? there should be someone nearby thats done it before if you're uncertain.

PS.. the very worst part of the whole job on & off is refitting the banana shaped spacer plate. You can tap back the washer/sleeve the bolt goes through and it buys you a couple of mm and it retensions once you tighten the washer, but you could still do with a third hand!

Edited by bristolbaron

Have done the job a few times now just poking with the car. It's handier than I thought it would be.

I'd still like one of the tools if anyone has one contact me.

Cash waiting