GrizzlyBear

Full red rear lights

I've done this before 3 times now and each time the colour faded after about 6 months. After speaking to a mate who's a painter he said the reason is that my clear coat wasn't UV proof and that I could only get that from a 2k clear like Spray Max. They have been spot on ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look awesome like but did you boys have any problems with the local law? Mine took massive offence to them because i couldnt get my repeaters to flash orange through the red tint. Even bought supeebright orange leds and they still flashed an off pink colour. Local police hated them and when they faded i just let them to save hastle

That's odd, I use super brights and they flash orange nicely. Even passed an MOT with them! I vaguely remember someone saying they need to be a specific type of LED, I'll see if I can find the thread.

I couldn't find the thread but I don't think it's Orange LEDs that you want. I have white LED clusters like the one in this link but with more LEDs and brighter too. Sorry I can't find the link for the exact ones I have but these are similar.

http://www.hdtvcar.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=47811&currency=GBP

I couldn't find the thread but I don't think it's Orange LEDs that you want. I have white LED clusters like the one in this link but with more LEDs and brighter too. Sorry I can't find the link for the exact ones I have but these are similar.

http://www.hdtvcar.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=47811¤cy=GBP

Cheers bud I'm going to do mine on the new c eventually. Just need to get a decent ornwge flash. Think i may have layered mine with too much red aswell last time which wont of helped

Thanks all for the advice. There's an old thread on here that gives a guide, but I've been doing my own research along side and I see that UV lacquer is a must.

Just a question if any of you guys know... Do i just use any sort of T-cut type polish to polish the lacquer? and is it between coats or after it has set to get rid of any orange peel? thanks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spray-Max-2K-Clearcoat-400ml/dp/B003VDXZM8

This is the 2 part clear I used in the end. It has a base which injects hardener into the clear like the pros use in body shops and makes it fully UV proof.

You must leave it to completely cure before you do anything, don't even tough it. Really make sure you obey the waiting times on the rattle cans too. If you get impatient and spray too soon, the thinners in the tint or the lacquer may not have fully evaporated and can cause all sorts of problems like micro blisters, wrinkles, or severe orange peel.

Once it has fully cured over night you can begin flatting back the lacquer with a high grain sand paper to remove the orange peel. Maybe 1200 grit to begin with followed by higher and higher grits until you reach 2500 or 3000. As you go you will see the lowest points clear as day as a guide to how much lacquer to sand back. Avoid the edges as the lacquer will be thinnest there, I really mean that one as I've had to start again because of that!

Once you have all of it flatted back to 2500/3000 grit, you can begin with a polish. I personally highly rate the 3M Perfect It 3 stage polishes but they are pricey. I think Meguiars do a medium cut and a fine cut polish that's has good reviews too.

Good luck!

Hi guys after a set of red read light clusters.

Thanks

Hi mate just get a tint from eBay for £2.00 and you can do them easy red , I can send you a photo of my Corrado