volksworld13

Top mount conversion with part numbers

Hi guys and gals.

After a while of research I've managed to complete the top mount conversion on my g60 to vr6 (mk3 upgrade) this may of already been discussed many times, but for those of you out there who are fed up of the crap mk2 golf/ early corrado mounts and struggling for the right information here is the guide to replacement. This is for standard g60 /early springs by the way, not coilovers however this may still be ok , depending on Spring diameter.

Here are the part you need to order from VW:-

2 Spring securing plates -1h0412341

2 nut /bushings -1h0412365a

2 upper top plates - 1h0412319b

2 top rubber mounts- 357412331a

2 top bearing-1j0412245

2 top nyloc nuts-n10535201

Edited by volksworld13

I also did this conversion on my early G60, all the same as you but the upper top plates I used are 357 412 319B with Meyle HD VR6 rubber top mounts and a Bilstein B12 kit which have the large 105mm dia springs and fits on the 1H0 412 341 spring plate.

I somehow ended up buying every possible combination of parts :lol:

Bought all the front late parts twice as left it all attached to the suspension i got rid of.

I was gunna add a load of photos step by step procedure, however it won't let me upload photos as its saying file too large, is there a way around this , or is there some other way of doing a write up somewhere else and posting a link??

A picture paints a thousand words plus I'm not that great at explaining these things in words, but This is how I did mine except I did not use a OEM top mount rubber or bearing.