Ed21

Low mileage VR6 engine, recon head and chains done.

I have for sale my 1994 low mileage (86k) VR6 engine as it's been pulled to make way for a R32. It's had the chains, guides and tensioner done and the head reconditioned with new exhaust valves all less than 2k ago.

However there is a problem in that it has a significant misfire which through the process of elimination of changing plugs, leads, coilpack, compression test etc, etc leads me to believe that it's a stuck injector.

The car has been in dry storage for the past 4 years and did run perfectly prior to being layed up, I did try to cure the misfire prior to pulling the engine with aforementioned changing of plugs, coilpack etc but the car is being fully resprayed and needed to be stripped so ran out of time/inclination.

Selling as a complete unit with all ancillaries, sensors, alternator, competition ht's, x2 coilpacks, etc, etc.

Not really sure what it's worth, would like to get circa £350 for it, I know it must be worth much more in parts alone but obviously the misfire is a big unknown for any potential new owner and I may be shooting above the mark..... let me know??? If it doesn't get interest at reasonable money I'll prob strip the valuable/new bits and scrap it.

I'd prefer to be contacted by phone (07983403655) or email [email protected] as don't often visit the forum but messages on here are obviously welcome.

Located in Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Cheers Ed

Edited by Ed21

Hi Ed

I'm in need of one for my 94 VR and this would be ideal. Please Please don't break it up.

Is this still available and are you open to offers. Will pay deposit for you to hold.

As you can see from the above I'd like it.

Also I gather it is in Tunbridge Wells

Any photos.

Ron

Edited by Rocket Ron

Ron did you take this? I'm wondering whether this would be easier (it is definitely cheaper) than getting a rebuilt head.

Sadly no transportation was the issue and I was thinking due to the misfire issue how would I bench test it to rectify before putting in the new engine unless someone can help me to get it from Tunbridge Wells to near Portsmouth.

Also where do you stand with the DVLA for the V5. Don't you need proof of purchase etc.

Ron

Edited by Rocket Ron