Sign in to follow this  
_leon_

insurance in Northern Ireland

Have any of you NI owners found someone comparatively cheaper than others?? I've been looking all day and have been totally horrified at the quotes! At least 3 times what I'm paying in Scotland

any names appreciated :)

yes mate admiral is great for me. 680ish FC

also Quinn Direct and AXA. In fact Axa were a close 2nd to admiral for me. was looking the other day as mine is up soon.

admiral was considerably cheaper than elephant too.

not far from maghera if thats familiar? Admiral seem to be the cheapest so far - by quite a bit too.... insurance prices over in NI are ridiculous tbh :mad:

portglenone - 5 mins down the road mate. been away for years though so doubt i would know her... the cost of the car aint the problem though, its the insurance thats the killer, else I would have a VR6 by now :( its looking like its a run around for a year then back to the C hunting - its f**king depressing mate

25 in november - i was a named driver last year so ncb is 0. scotland prices - 1100 this year, 690 next year. NI prices - 3830 this year, 2400 next year!!! honestly... :roll:

being a named driver over the last year meant that car costs were cheap as, but regretting it now somewhat... i'm thinking positive *corrado next year then, corrado next year then* lol

25 in november - i was a named driver last year so ncb is 0.

being a named driver over the last year meant that car costs were cheap as, but regretting it now somewhat... i'm thinking positive *corrado next year then, corrado next year then* lol

were you a named driver 2 years ago tho?????........if you had your own policy 2 years ago........you can still count the NCB that you had then.......... thats what me and the missus used to do, take it in turns to be the policy-holder (when we only had the one car) to save either of us losing our NCB......IIRC you only lose your NCB/NCD if you have'nt been a policyholder for more than 2 years :wink:

right cheers Rodders, i'll keep that in mind

I've only been driving for the year... bloody late starter me... even a 1.8 16v is something like 3K. and my current 1.4 brava is something like 1800!!! i nearly died

its really just the jump between Scotland and NI prices that are literally staggering

I've only been driving for the year... bloody late starter me... even a 1.8 16v is something like 3K. and my current 1.4 brava is something like 1800!!! i nearly died

its really just the jump between Scotland and NI prices that are literally staggering

yeah i'd heard its meant to be mad prices over the water............think its down to the extra risk of terrorism...........which considering the good friday agreement a few years back......should make that not count anymore :roll:

cheers for the help and suggestions fellas, i'll have to sit it out i think and wait for another 10 months to pass. :cry:

yeah i'd heard its meant to be mad prices over the water............think its down to the extra risk of terrorism...........which considering the good friday agreement a few years back......should make that not count anymore :roll:

nah its because our compensation laws are different here meaning higher payouts so insurance costs more.

cant really count terrorism any more as an excuse.

to be honest I think its getting better over here now that the likes of elephant and axa are covering us. hopefully it will continue to fall!! :)