92DubyaPB

Picked up a 92 vr6 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I picked up a 1992 Corrado 2 weeks ago and I fell in love, for about 4 days till she started giving me issues. I've worked on vw's before but never a vr6 and it's been a few years, but I think I found my problem. The #1 terminal on my icm is discolored and the plastic at the base is melted a bit. My question is if I get a new icm, can I mount it to a msd blaster 2 coil? The msd is .7 ohm resistance, I'm only asking cause I'm not that technical and my bad icm/coil is one piece, so I should replace both anyway, no? Sorry if this somewhere, I didn't see and prethanks :thumbleft:

Most folks over here tend to just buy OE / original style coil packs rather than going down the MSD or similar route so not sure you'll find too much info on that conversion on here :( It's certainly something I wish someone would put together as an upgrade package for our cars though - new, aftermarket, improve coil pack!

:scratch: hmmm, I had a feeling I'd get a response like that when I couldn't find it literally anywhere lol. Maybe I'll just go ahead and fork the money to do it myself and post my results here. Where can I find a good but decently cheap icm? So far I see them for about 100 dollars, is that about normal? Any help is appreciated