Ray1965

Heater has poor air flow on passenger side

Replaced the heater fan today and thermal resistor as only working on number 4 speed (nice wiki how to do on the forum, worth it's weight in gold again :thumbleft:) and i have also been trying to tackle and solve an annoying lack of air flow on both the windscreen and floor positions on the passenger side of the car. I would have thought it would have been ok as it is nearest to the fan motor.

Has anyone got a diagram of the lay out? maybe it is a flap issue? any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

(Car has no air-con).

Edited by Ray1965

I'd have thought the poor airflow would be down to the controls not operating the flaps correctly. My controls needed a complete cleaning and sorting, and the bottom cog of the heater box was broken so things didn't move as they should. Once that was sorted, mine is all good. Although I have taken the box out like others, cleaned and replaced the foam on all the flaps. Also I've learnt not to force the controls round whilst on maximum speed as the resistance seems high and I don't want to break it again.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

i would imagine there is a gap somewhere along the LHS side of the air tunnel (so to speak)

the air flow up out of the central heater box pretty much in a big T - where the 2 sides slot onto the middle section

if there is a gap between where they join the air escapes & you get low flow - i know this as when Stealth had to put a new matrix in the VR i initially had poor air flow on LHS & Vince found it to be the air tunnel was not quite tight

you may be able to remove the glove box & lower passenger shelf to get enough room to see the tunnel & maybe give it a jiggle

if you want to visualise it, there is a photo on my build thread of the dash out & you can see the T air tunnel jobbie

Also I've learnt not to force the controls round whilst on maximum speed as the resistance seems high and I don't want to break it again.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

my mechanic has mentioned quite a few time about turning the air flow down to minimum before adjusting the air direction - as like you say there is a level of resistance which can break the adjusters

Cheers Goldie, had a look under the dash whilst i was fitting new heater blower/ motor but can't see anything really, have you got the page number on your build thread? for the pic.

Cheers Goldie, had a look under the dash whilst i was fitting new heater blower/ motor but can't see anything really, have you got the page number on your build thread? for the pic.

no problem

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44751-g0ldf1ng3r-s-VR6-amp-1-8-16V/page18&highlight=g0ldf1ng3r

pic number 5 shows the passenger side best but it is the large black section which flow the air from the air box to the side

you cant see the centre section - which i would guess has a small gap on yours which is causing the windscreen flow to be less