somersetdub

288mm conversion

54mm pistons on both 280 and 288mm so in theory pedal travel should be the same.

More surface area and a wider swept area too.

Aye, that's the thing though - the larger pad surface area won't make a difference, other than in better heat dissipation perhaps which I guess would help under heavy braking.

Interesting that the pistons are the same size, so it is just that little extra diameter of the disk that makes all the difference.

I have been looking at this of late as I have kit that uses Porsche 996 calipers which requires a 16 inch rim.

I want to stick with the BBS RZ but can't find a fixed piston caliper that will fit under that rim without a spacer.

But I really don't want to use spacers....

i wasnt keen on spacers either, never have been, but it was a case of needs must

i dont think the 10mm will be very noticeable & should they have required a bigger spacer it may have made me think differently

my issue was having to stay under the 15" speedline, no way i could afford new wheels, whilst trying to improve on the not so good standard brake setup

what size are your RZ's? reason i ask is that the inner profile could well be different to the speedline such that you wouldnt need a spacer

might be worth you giving HiSpec a call as they will get their CAD designer guy to do a technical drawing to confirm fitment/s - IIRC i spoke to Alex there