Geeba

Broken sunroof?

After atempting to refit the trim on my sunroof I managed to make a perfectly functional sunroof into a non-working item.

Not sure if anyone can help, I just need a pair of the chrome trim lifters as pictured.

After atempting to refit the trim on my sunroof I managed to make a perfectly functional sunroof into a non-working item.

Not sure if anyone can help, I just need a pair of the chrome trim lifters as pictured.

Now I understand your interest.

Now I understand your interest.

Yep... muppetry at the highest order... I watched Ed China remove the trim with a good clout, so I thought a reasonable clout would fit it up again... nope the trim is pants beyond the realm of pants and instead of a snugg 'click' back into place it rogered itself through the lifters... so now I have an absolute nightmare of a job... repair the 2 owner from new fully funtioning prior to me getting my hands on it sunroof... or buy an unknown quantity or Passat item :(

Yep... muppetry at the highest order... I watched Ed China remove the trim with a good clout, so I thought a reasonable clout would fit it up again... nope the trim is pants beyond the realm of pants and instead of a snugg 'click' back into place it rogered itself through the lifters... so now I have an absolute nightmare of a job... repair the 2 owner from new fully funtioning prior to me getting my hands on it sunroof... or buy an unknown quantity or Passat item :(

Given that you don't need the full sunroof, postage may be a little easier but sods law will find the lifters broken on mine no doubt, lol.

I eventually managed to locate some of these from the US a couple of years ago, only to find it was a case of cause and effect with the wider mechanism broken. Type 3 Gold mechanism came to the rescue - hopefully some help to you

Still on the hunt for a broken sunroof if anyone has one... just need the chrome lifters pictured in the first post, getting desperate now as its holding up getting the interior back in.. :(

I dont think until I receive the confirmation email I can see the classified section... just had a browse round the site and cant find the sunroof, if I click your link it says my account isnt authorised :(

Edited by Geeba

Any joy with the sunroof Giles. Fingers crossed.

Nothing yet unfortunately - really holding things up, cars now running of course, I have a clean interior waiting to go back in which I'm reluctant to do until the sunroof is in, new screen goes in tomorrow, then the cars off to my Mums house to live in the dry, I just wanted to get what I've already taken appart back on the car so I dont end up with a shell on the driveway and a garage full of parts - Its not going down very well with the Mrs being on the driveway..

I can’t get on Scottish VAG, no confirmation email turns up... I just get this "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator."

I've requested the email twice.

Nothing yet unfortunately - really holding things up, cars now running of course, I have a clean interior waiting to go back in which I'm reluctant to do until the sunroof is in, new screen goes in tomorrow, then the cars off to my Mums house to live in the dry, I just wanted to get what I've already taken appart back on the car so I dont end up with a shell on the driveway and a garage full of parts - Its not going down very well with the Mrs being on the driveway..

I can’t get on Scottish VAG, no confirmation email turns up... I just get this "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator."

I've requested the email twice.

hopefully you will get it sorted soon... tell your Mrs I think it looks quite nice on your drive :)

hopefully you will get it sorted soon... tell your Mrs I think it looks quite nice on your drive :)

LOL!

I was wondering if you had driven past... :D

I'll be honest - I think it looks pretty bad too, the house looked like a building site for over a year whilst I did the loft conversion, now I've dumped a 25 year old car with flat tyres on the driveway :( I need to atleast get the screen back in it and the tyres pumped up... as soon as I can get it back together its off to heated garage luxury! LOL!

As long as you have good neighbours it's fine...

Yeah we have great neighours, we live in OAP central which is great, I'm always fixing computers, printers and lifting stuff out of cars etc. for them and they're always calling over to look at the 'old banger' as my 3 year old has named the Corrado :D and of course told everyone thats it's name.

Might have to step up to help on this one and pull my sunroof mechanism in bits to see if the bits you require are in tact.

You got any instructions on how to disassemble?

Hi MZpog, if you did have the time it would be very much appreciated, the two parts I need are the chrome lifters that lift the internal trim when you tilt the sunroof, I'm not really sure on dismantle :( I was just going to follow my nose, I would imagine the motor comes off and the sliding parts just wind out from the cassette at the other end? Where abouts in West Yorkshire are you? - I'm traveling to Hull on Thursday... how far is that from you?

Hi MZpog, if you did have the time it would be very much appreciated, the two parts I need are the chrome lifters that lift the internal trim when you tilt the sunroof, I'm not really sure on dismantle :( I was just going to follow my nose, I would imagine the motor comes off and the sliding parts just wind out from the cassette at the other end? Where abouts in West Yorkshire are you? - I'm traveling to Hull on Thursday... how far is that from you?

Hull is an hour down the M62 road to my home (Bingley) or work (Leeds). I don't mind taking the sunroof to work with me if you wanted to detour and take it all.

I think its do-able! :D - if you didn't mind taking it to work? What time are you at work till? - I'm leaving home at about 4am to be onsite in Hull at 9ish, gut I'm hoping to be away at 2-3 in the afternoon, would that work for you?

What sort of cash are you looking for it?

I think its do-able! :D - if you didn't mind taking it to work? What time are you at work till? - I'm leaving home at about 4am to be onsite in Hull at 9ish, gut I'm hoping to be away at 2-3 in the afternoon, would that work for you?

What sort of cash are you looking for it?

Normally at work 8-5. I'll pm you my number if you want to call me tonight.

MZpog to the rescue! Good to talk to you Stuart, thanks again for all your help - hopefully I can get the project rolling again now :D

MZpog to the rescue! Good to talk to you Stuart, thanks again for all your help - hopefully I can get the project rolling again now :D

No worries, I hope it helps you sort it.