VR6 Lee

Car Battery Charger

Just bought this beauty off Amazon

Bargain as well. wish I bought it sooner though

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Diagnostic-Testing-Measuring-Tools/RSC612-Battery-Charger-Vehicles-Charge-Functions-Diagnostic/B00S8969OG/ref=pd_lpo_263_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=B374BR12Q7VEK054SDYK

Hopefully better than the 10 year old trickle charger than seems to overcook the battery

I have been using the optimate 4. It works well, assuming you keep the contacts nice and clean, but it's less than 1A charge current so it's not really much use at recharging a very low battery unless you have a lot of time..

I tried swapping for a ctek last year but it whistled like a ******* so it had to go back..

Been looking at getting one of these after my friend came round with his one and diagnosed the health of all my batteries.

That's a cracker of a deal, so I grab the chance and ordered one.

I would buy one because it is a good price, but I need something with extensible cables for connection to the car and a permanent fit to the battery. I mean, I could buy this then hack it onto my existing leads, but would be good if they'd thought harder about permanent attachment.

I've got a pretty generic Halfords one which isn't actually a trickle charger so you need to disconnect the battery to use it... but it seems to do the job :)

Use an Optimate on my bike as it doesn't get used over winter and used to have a generic one linked up to my old MGB as that wasn't an everyday car.

I fitted a cigarette lighter plug on the charge lead for the MGB as its live was always connected. That way I could simply plug it in to charge/top up and didn't need to lift the seats to get to the batteries.

This is it, the optimate (and the cteks) have a fly lead with ring terminals that hangs out the front of the car from the battery. It's weather sealed and you just hook it up as soon as you get home and leave it connected. That's what I need, given the use profile of the VR.

Great unit... it tests your alternator and all sorts of other modes. Winter mode, quick charge. test of battery.

Love it