timmaaah

Central locking has stopped working

Hi all. I've been absent for a short while, but the old girl is back on the road - yay!

Problem - the remote central locking has stopped working. The alarm winds the windows up/closes the sunroof, but the central locking refuses to do anything. The handles are Passat rears, and were swapped out about 6 maybe 7 years ago. It was working ok the other day, now nothing.

Any ideas? I am concerned as I am unable to lock the car at present. All help gratefully received :)

Anyone? As a short term fix I've connected a syringe to the vac lines in the boot so I can at least lock and unlock the cabin. A huge thanks to the Corrado Facebook page for coming up with that idea as a short term fix :thumbleft:

Mine packed up once and all i needed to do was clean up all the mechanisms and grease them. They just got gunked up and the vac pump wouldn't move them.

Nah, I don't think it's that, as the pump makes noise noise what so ever, and the locks still work with a syringe. Anyone nearish me with a known working pump I can try to eliminate a faulty pump?