crazylegs

16v Discs & calipers - recommendations?

I'm buying all new discs and pads all round, and have decided to buy new calipers while I am doing this, likely going to paint them before fitting. Any recommendations from anyone on what I should buy? With a million other things on the list my budget isn't exactly massive, but as they will be stopping the car, I guess it's pretty important 💃🏽

Thanks!

You can bump the 16v Corrado up from standard 256mm brakes to 280mm from the G60. A reasonably inexpensive upgrade as those calipers were used on other VW's but also a fairly decent upgrade in stopping power :) In terms of manufacturers, OE from the dealer are always good but something like ATE or Pagid will see you right!

Cheers Jim, I'll be honest I'm a complete noob. Had this Corrado going on five years now, it's been SORN'd this whole time and I'm getting around to getting it started after the bodywork was done many years ago.

So am i looking for G60 discs and calipers front and back or just front?

I did the G60 upgrade on mine and it's only really noticeable when batting along, the rest of the time it feels the same.