cmck32

Coolant

This shouldn't hurt things too much by the way as phase 3 rarely kicks in. Have a good read of the guide.....

Do u know the colour of cables coming out of that sensor??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think it's the black one that goes in mine!! But I can't find the cable that connects to it or if there's no AC were does that cable even come from?

Anyone used waterless coolant/anti-freeze?

never have used the waterless coolant.... always used VW G11, G12 and the current G13 stuff, which I have now... its not expensive.

PS do you know anything about this vetran car rally at the junior school sunday morning ???? may have to have a look.

Edited by delfinis38

never have used the waterless coolant.... always used VW G11, G12 and the current G13 stuff, which I have now... its not expensive.

PS do you know anything about this vetran car rally at the junior school sunday morning ???? may have to have a look.

Yeah I was going to use G13 after a good flush.

Hmmm no not heard about that... I seem to remember its Bicesters Heritage this Sunday... http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/events/

I looked into waterless coolant a lot as i was fitting new engine and cooling system, but decided against it. Quite glad i did now as engine came back out and i lost most of the coolant, seems a pain in the arse to try and reuse it. Never been able to undo the drain valve on the crack pipe, despite fitting a gruvenparts one.

A couple of things i learnt about the waterless coolant. (my reasons for not buying it)

Because the waterless coolant doesn't create any pressure, there is no warning your engine is overheating unless you always check the dash gauge, with normal coolant the pressure would build up and probably pop a hose off etc.

Also i read its not as good as transferring heat as water.

Its expensive.

You would need to carry a bottle of it with you, as you can't top up with water.

You end up thinking most manufacturers of cars don't specify it and millions of car around the world are cooled just fine with water/coolant.

Some very good points raised there Jim. I had wondered about it, but as you've mentioned I knew there would be some spillage/leaks at some point that would necessitate removal of cooling system parts as I'm always playing about with something (well, I used to be anyway!), so it didn't seem very economical due to that.

Apologies, black sender is a 4 pin

So i checked this today. Non ac is 2 pin, the wires you found are for speed three

Is there any reason why my third sensor wouldn't be there?? I tried taking cover of it and it let water out!!

I think my is a 2 pin sensor but I don't understand why it would of been took out and plugged??

I think my is a 2 pin sensor but I don't understand why it would of been took out and plugged??

Because people bodge things :(

e6dc89971565d16b21b77fe9776f9f28.jpgi think this is the sensor I'm looking for but I'm having trouble locating the cable

You have the cable you just need the plug. The terminals will slot into the plug just fine. Get to a scrap yard of eBay or something you need a 2 pin plug... female