Guest sam1990rhodes

Healight Question

Guest sam1990rhodes

hi all,

Just a quick question, which light is dipped and which is main on the headlight below? also which should be on when you seklect main?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85997[/ATTACH]

I ask because only the light i have labelled as dipped comes on, when i chose main on the talk the dipped beam then becomes brighter however main doesnt come on.

cheers,

Sam

What does the other headlamp do?

The headlight you have as dipped is dipped when on dipped, then there is also an extra element in the bulb that comes on when you select full beam - hence the bulb has three contacts on the back. The light you have as main should only come on when you're on full beam.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Phil

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Guest sam1990rhodes

Cheers Phil.

Other headlight does the same. So to confirm when you select main the dipped gets brighter and the main should also come on?

Looking at the connector the top left is main, top right is earth. Bottom left is sidelight and bottom right is Dipped?

Sam

Yep, that's right for how they function.

I'm not sure on the connector locations, but think it'll be somewhere on the forum if you try looking for info on uprated looms (ones that use the existing loom, plus relays so that you get battery voltage at the headlights rather than losing a few volts round the wiring harness - well worth it if you haven't already....)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Guest sam1990rhodes

I made my own updated look that's why I thought I'd check if it was my wiring that is cocked up but as far as I can see it's fine.

I made my own updated look that's why I thought I'd check if it was my wiring that is cocked up but as far as I can see it's fine.

with the uprated looms i have seen, & own, you have to disconnect the dim dip resistor (yellow connector by the battery) as this has an impact on the lights when the loom is fitted

with the uprated looms i have seen, & own, you have to disconnect the dim dip resistor (yellow connector by the battery) as this has an impact on the lights when the loom is fitted

Has anybody else done this with zacs loom. I left mine connected. Is it right ?

From zacs notes.

If the car has a dim dip facility. I.e. The headlights comes on dimly at the same time as the side lights. The dim dip will need disconnecting.

Edited by delfinis38

Guest sam1990rhodes

interesting, will give that a go.

Has anybody else done this with zacs loom. I left mine connected. Is it right ?

From zacs notes.

If the car has a dim dip facility. I.e. The headlights comes on dimly at the same time as the side lights. The dim dip will need disconnecting.

hi m8

no you should have disconnected the dim dip resistor as per Zak's notes

i simply unplugged the 2 halves & then electrical taped them up & tucked them away & have done so with all 3 of Zak's looms i have fitted

interesting, will give that a go.

worth a shot sam

i am unsure as to exactly why it is done but i am sure Zak would not have put it in his fitting instructions if it wasnt needed

worth a shot sam

i am unsure as to exactly why it is done but i am sure Zak would not have put it in his fitting instructions if it wasnt needed

Suggests for some cars only. Think he does them for minis too

Would like to hear from others that have fitted zacs loom.

Maybe zac could prove me wrong and goldfinger right.

Edited by delfinis38

Suggests for some cars only. Think he does them for minis too

Would like to hear from others that have fitted zacs loom.

Maybe zac could prove me wrong and goldfinger right.

that would be helpful

it has been a while since i looked at Zak's fitting notes - be good if he could

is there a picture of the yellow connector on the notes where it is mentioned? i think i recall one & it looking exactly like the rado dim dip conenctor

that would be helpful

it has been a while since i looked at Zak's fitting notes - be good if he could

is there a picture of the yellow connector on the notes where it is mentioned? i think i recall one & it looking exactly like the rado dim dip conenctor

I will get a copy up later think one picture was from a Passat.

I will get a copy up later think one picture was from a Passat.

K tidy - i will drop him an email to see if i can get clarification & post back if/when i get a reply

hope you can read..

yes m8, just about

it says 'if the car has dim dip facility.....it will need to be disconnected' - which i believe the rado does

i have dropped him a mail for an explanation

yes m8, just about

it says 'if the car has dim dip facility.....it will need to be disconnected' - which i believe the rado does

i have dropped him a mail for an explanation

Done the same too. Guess you beat me to it.

Your right then according to zac.

it would seem that way m8 :)

& Zak gave the reason too...."yes you need to disconnect the yellow resistor pack. It puts 6v to the dip beam when the sidelights are on with ignition. This is enough to trigger the new relay for the dip beam. Hence why it goes straight to dip beam with side lights on."

Guest sam1990rhodes

So i fixed it.... it was a little bit more simple than any of your suggestions, once side the bulb had blow and the other side earth wasnt connected inside the unit!. thanks for your suggestions though guys!.