Sign in to follow this  
woody

BBC News Web Site Page Police!!!!

:lol: at the picture :D

And ooh an EMP from the back of a Police car...pretty scary if you've got a pacemaker... but then if you're the idiot who stole a car, you deserve it really :)

yeah big like in america and seen in the Fast and Furious movie they use trigger guns that sends a shoch to the car frying the ECU meaning it comes to a stop :(

so Carbed cars are the only way to go :twisted:

yeah big like in america and seen in the Fast and Furious movie they use trigger guns that sends a shoch to the car frying the ECU meaning it comes to a stop :(

so Carbed cars are the only way to go :twisted:

Ahh ok I've not seen the second one.

Surely you can harden an ECU to EMP pulses, carb's are black magic :D

Edit: err EMP pulses should just be EMP, as the P means pulse anyway ;)

plenty of tin foil around the ECU and wiring with it earthed to the car's bodywork will stop this from killing your ECU... :roll:

plenty of tin foil around the ECU and wiring with it earthed to the car's bodywork will stop this from killing your ECU... :roll:

I was gonna suggest lead, but yeah tin foil sounds like a better option...it'll still toast your MFA tho ;)

it'll still toast your MFA tho ;)

Yeah, but so will the aftermath of a good curry! :roll: :lol: ;) They're not exactly the best made piece of electronics on the planet... ;)

the fact u guys are coming up with ideas on how to protect ur ECU is worring :?

where is u live as i dont want to be in ur areas when the police are following u two :p :shock: :lol: :wink:

the fact u guys are coming up with ideas on how to protect ur ECU is worring :?

where is u live as i dont want to be in ur areas when the police are following u two :p :shock: :lol: :wink:

Nah I'm just a geek :D I'd rather have an un-protected ECU, then you've got more chance of getting your car back if some little turd steals it.

Nah I'm just a geek :D

...and I'm a broadcast engineer who has to work out how to stop interference whenever I install some new equipment.... ;)

Personally, I'm pretty happy that if anyone should steal my car, then the paging message it'll send me will alert me to the fact, and the text message I send it back (which will kill the engine) should stop them from getting too far... oh, and the GPS location in the first text will let me know where they are so I can report it to the police... 8) :D

I'm still trying to imagine a world where everyone wears alcon beanies, :rocol:

Nah I'm just a geek :D

...and I'm a broadcast engineer who has to work out how to stop interference whenever I install some new equipment.... ;)

*cough* BEng in Broadcast Engineering as well :D

Personally, I'm pretty happy that if anyone should steal my car, then the paging message it'll send me will alert me to the fact, and the text message I send it back (which will kill the engine) should stop them from getting too far... oh, and the GPS location in the first text will let me know where they are so I can report it to the police... 8) :D

Yeah I plan on getting a doohicky like that, they're not cheap tho.

Personally, I'm pretty happy that if anyone should steal my car, then the paging message it'll send me will alert me to the fact, and the text message I send it back (which will kill the engine) should stop them from getting too far... oh, and the GPS location in the first text will let me know where they are so I can report it to the police

Might be messy if you kill the engine while the theiving toe rags are doing 100+ mph on a motorway

:wink: :o

Personally, I'm pretty happy that if anyone should steal my car, then the paging message it'll send me will alert me to the fact, and the text message I send it back (which will kill the engine) should stop them from getting too far... oh, and the GPS location in the first text will let me know where they are so I can report it to the police

Might be messy if you kill the engine while the theiving toe rags are doing 100+ mph on a motorway

:wink: :o

That's why you text it first to find out how fast it's going! ;) :lol:

The way mine's wired in, it won't kill the engine until they get it to a reasonable lowish speed... but it will cut the performance something chronic.... ;)

See is what you really want is for it to stop the engine and roll to a halt.. then tazer the little buggers and lock the doors. So then about 4hrs later when the police turn up :roll: they're nicely packaged to be taken off to the clinker and introduced to a truncheon.

hummm.... now you've got me thinking... ;) :D

There are some spare outputs on it you can activate via text message.... ;) :twisted: :mrgreen:

hummm.... now you've got me thinking... ;) :D

There are some spare outputs on it you can activate via text message.... ;) :twisted: :mrgreen:

Can't be that hard to do ;)

You just gotta make sure there's no way to set it off while the car is moving... and err check it works properly when you're not in it :lol:

Edit: aim it at the groin area too :shock:

If you know where to look on the internet, you can find wiring diagrams and instructions for a decent much cheaper Taser system which will run off your car battery... ;) :mrgreen: