Jim Bowen

Foot pedals adjusment?

Not sure if this is how car was before or because i've replaced a few parts. Noticed the clutch pedal is quite high in position (not bite point), compared to the brake and accelerator pedal.

Can't see any way to adjust the position of clutch pedal, it returns fully back to a metal stop so seems correct. Am wondering if the brake can be raised and if playing with the accelerator cable i can raise the accelerator as well.

Felt awkward driving it earlier. On a good note though it passed MOT today so at least i'm driving it.

I think mine is like this as well. I've got used to it now so can't remember off the top of my head which one it is, but I distinctly remember when I first had it thinking it was odd having one pedal further forward but thought that was just how it was set up - car pedal/steering wheel etc. ergonomics always seemed to be an afterthought so I just assumed . Fairly sure it was the clutch.

Not that this helps you much as I've never done anything about it!

I managed to adjust the brake pedal so it lines up with the clutch now, i think because the brakes are the teves20 system the master cylinder shaft that joins to the pedal has been modified.

Still sure my clutch sits too far forward as i had to trim off some of the under dash trim because it was returning so far and hitting it. Maybe this is due to the clutch master cylinder being slightly different, again i think the shaft is longer.