Sign in to follow this  
paulg60

curbourgh pics

Glad you made it back ok!

Your G60 sounded awesome on the track btw.. totally distinctive noise, could immediately tell it was your motor out of any of the cars out there today :)

Good day out it was, despite the little hic-up getting there :lol: , but JimsG60 and I got there in the end.

Nice to see a large turn up of CCGB folk (and meet some familiar faces again), as the Club GTI lot only had their Derby Region turn up (and there was me expecting the whole of Club GTI to turn up to what was supposed to be their National Day after all :roll: ), so we made up for their lack of numbers :lol:

Even the weather was reasonable.

My US-G60 very firmly reminded me on leaving that it's starter motor solenoid is definitely sh**ed and needs replacing, a job I've been putting off for long enough, so on arrival back in sunny Coventry :shock: , I finally bit the bullet and took the darn thing out (not an easy task on a US-G60, as Ian aka Henny now has seen as well, Motto:"Can you see the starter motor at all looking inside the engine bay?" Surprisingly enough you can see it from underneath the car :wink: ) and replaced it with a used unit from my local scrappie - works a treat, well chuffed, no more screeching sounds of cogs trying to engage.

Not a bad day then, even managed to do something productive :lol: Just didn't take any pics :oops:

Tempest

Great to meet up with you all... and even better to get J-DUB out onto a track! :D

The vids I have are HERE 8)

J-DUB certainly went alright mate! Can't wait to see what figures it gets next weekend.

And I gotta say, I thought PhatVR6's VR was one of the smoothest sounding VR6's i've ever heard - was a beauty!

andycowuk - I considered it but I didn't wanna risk going off and trashing my drive home. Bit paranoid / wussy like that ;)