Sign in to follow this  
StormVR6

BYE BYE STORM??

If this post is slightly taking the p*ss then I apologize to the Moderators in advance.

Now I haven't put this post in the FOR SALE section because the car isn't (YET) for sale but due to another kid on the way and money not coming in like it use to I may have to sell my beloved storm.

I'm not exactly sure how much the car will fetch and therefore this is why I am asking the Corrado people to make me an offer if they are interested in possibly purchasing the car.

This would save me time and money by not having to advertise in papers or the colossus Ebay just to get an idea of what the car may be worth!!

Basic Details (Storm VR6 95N, Mystic Blue, 96K, FSH (VW, AMD & Stealth ) , Schrick Manifold etc) Seriously this car pulls like a train and runs beautifully, everything works. More details can be given if a sale seems likely.

Thanks for any help.

No problem at all by me :) Nothing wrong with getting a good idea on price....means that your classified ad doesn't just say 'open to offers' then ;) lol

Anyway, sorry to hear that other situations are forcing your hand on the sale of the car :(

Not too sure on an exact price but if it's a very tidy carthen there's no harm in asking £6k. Are there any faults that a buyer should be aware of? Mods? MOT or services due? (Just trying to think of things that affect the price).

Right OK cheers, I'll elaborate on the details here then,

Schrick VSR (fitted by AMD '99), Re-chip and throttle body (AMD), complete set of Samco coolant hoses (fitted by AMD '03), K&N Induction kit, Tar-ox G88 on front, last dynoplot done at AMD ran at 209bhp/223lb ft. Last MOT went straight through apart from emissions which turned out to be a wire loose on the Lambda Probe (fixed by Vince at Stealth on last service). Fully serviced (twice a year since I have owned it), believe me no fault has been left un-repaired on this car. Wheels were refurbished last year. Interior is immaculate. AC, Sunroof, Heated Seats all work perfect. Slight wearing on steering wheel. Car will probably come complete with excellent Alpine setup, and a set of very rare VDO centre console gauges (not fitted).

The release bearing is whistling very slightly, but have been told by AMD and Stealth that there is no point taking the car apart just to grease or replace the bearings until the whole clutch needs replacing, motorway driving has obviously led to small chips on the front of car, but when given a good handwash the Storm looks stunning.

OK I'm going to stop now as all of a sudden I feel an overwhelming sense of depression!!

Again thanks to anyone who can aid me in my lamentable quest!

MB

WIth those mods and the aircon etc it sounds like a cracking car.

Blue or green?

Sod it, stick it up for £7k! :) Depends if you're in a hurry or not.

Basic Details (Storm VR6 95N, Mystic Blue, 96K, FSH (VW, AMD & Stealth ) , Schrick Manifold etc) Seriously this car pulls like a train and runs beautifully, everything works. More details can be given if a sale seems likely.

Thanks for any help.

ahem tom :wink: :twisted: :-P :-P :-P :-P

Well maybe if he'd made it that big, I wouldn't have missed it to begin with ;) :p

Car will probably come complete with excellent Alpine setup, and a set of very rare VDO centre console gauges (not fitted).

MB

tbh if these are the factory-fit type optional ones....then as they aint fitted i would reckon you would easy make a killing selling them separetly........afterall these are now obsolete :wink: and i know of at least 2 people after a set :wink:

see StormVR6 plenty interest already :wink: ............to give you a guide if you did want to sell it...........VW wanted £120-ish(cheaper if you had VWCCGB discount) for them earlier this year....thats just for the guages and housing.......sender is extra

I think the VDO's are the only check box on the options list that my car didn't get... :D

I think the VDO's are the only check box on the options list that my car didn't get... :D

ahem.......heated LEATHER recaros :lol:

Pfffsh, leather schmeather. There are a lot less black cloth Recaro's around than leather ones ;) Besides cloth is better cos you don't slide around or sweat lots and it doesn't go all shiney and crack :) IMO Alcantra is the only thing better than cloth and you can't get that without doing a re-trim.

Pfffsh, leather schmeather. There are a lot less black cloth Recaro's around than leather ones ;) Besides cloth is better cos you don't slide around or sweat lots and it doesn't go all shiney and crack :) IMO Alcantra is the only thing better than cloth and you can't get that without doing a re-trim.

tbh.........i'm with you there........cloth is better on the reacros and is also rarer than leather recaros.....just a pity VW never offered the choice of it being heated on the cloth........not too keen on alcantara tbh tho.........just looks like it would mark all the time and be a pain to keep clean

tbh.........i'm with you there........cloth is better and rarer than even leather recaros.....just a pity VW never offered the choice of it being heated on the cloth........not too keen on alcantara tbh tho.........just looks like it would mark all the time and be a pain to keep clean

The thing is if you've got cloth seats, they don't tend to get that cold anyway. I guess it would be nice to be able to toast your numb bum through in the winter, but I just won't get that cold instead :D

Alcantra is a nicer material, but every time you touch it you can see the marks, so from a looking nice point of view it's not that great. Gotta beat velour though :)

tbh.........i'm with you there........cloth is better and rarer than even leather recaros.....just a pity VW never offered the choice of it being heated on the cloth........not too keen on alcantara tbh tho.........just looks like it would mark all the time and be a pain to keep clean

The thing is if you've got cloth seats, they don't tend to get that cold anyway. I guess it would be nice to be able to toast your numb bum through in the winter, but I just won't get that cold instead :D

my Ur-quattro had cloth heated seats......and i can tell you in the depths of winter they were a godsend.....also i'm pretty sure cos of the cloth being a thinner material than leather,cloth heated seats seem to develop/retain more heat :wink: cos my heated leather aint anywhere near as hot as the ones in my old Ur were.....and AFAIK the ones in my C work perfectly :?

Right OK cheers, I'll elaborate on the details here then,

Schrick VSR (fitted by AMD '99), Re-chip and throttle body (AMD), complete set of Samco coolant hoses (fitted by AMD '03), K&N Induction kit, Tar-ox G88 on front, last dynoplot done at AMD ran at 209bhp/223lb ft. Last MOT went straight through apart from emissions which turned out to be a wire loose on the Lambda Probe (fixed by Vince at Stealth on last service). Fully serviced (twice a year since I have owned it), believe me no fault has been left un-repaired on this car. Wheels were refurbished last year. Interior is immaculate. AC, Sunroof, Heated Seats all work perfect. Slight wearing on steering wheel. Car will probably come complete with excellent Alpine setup, and a set of very rare VDO centre console gauges (not fitted).

The release bearing is whistling very slightly, but have been told by AMD and Stealth that there is no point taking the car apart just to grease or replace the bearings until the whole clutch needs replacing, motorway driving has obviously led to small chips on the front of car, but when given a good handwash the Storm looks stunning.

OK I'm going to stop now as all of a sudden I feel an overwhelming sense of depression!!

Again thanks to anyone who can aid me in my lamentable quest!

MB

anyway apologies for going slightly off-topic :oops: :wink: ..................as VR6 says.....stick it in for around the £7k mark and see what sort of interest you get :wink:

anyway apologies for going slightly off-topic :oops: :wink: ..................as VR6 says.....stick it in for around the £7k mark and see what sort of interest you get :wink:

Yeah and I'll relieve you of those VDO gauges :)

hi, do you have any actual pics of the car. im interested purely cause buying your car with those mods would be cheaper than buying the parts and modding my car.

is it lowered? what tyres does it have? any rust, bent pannels? when you actually thinking of selling?

ta

Heres a quick piccy showing that apart from the usual stonechips this car is immaculate, no rust and apart from Tar-ox discs the exterior is completely standard, which being a Storm is how I like it! 4 new goodyear tyres.

There are many other upgrades on the car including Koni adjustable shocks and a Mocal oil cooler but to name all would take too long!!

Vince (Stealth) did advice me to have the chains done (100K is the norm for this job) on the next service but at the moment they are fine.

MB

Car will probably come complete with excellent Alpine setup, and a set of very rare VDO centre console gauges (not fitted).

MB

tbh if these are the factory-fit type optional ones....then as they aint fitted i would reckon you would easy make a killing selling them separetly........afterall these are now obsolete :wink: and i know of at least 2 people after a set :wink:

sorry to jump on this thread but i have a LHD set which with a bit of magic can be made to fit in a RHD without the massive asking price PM me guys hows interested