It's not a Scirocco

EDT wow what a difference!

What is this EDT you speak of?? Does it quieten down tappets!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eastern Daylight Time?

Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid?

Electro Dynamic Tether?

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

They always run better with fresh oil, for sure. The other stuff I've never heard of, but if it's able to clean coke build up then it's probably as good as a few long runs, which also makes the car run awesomely.

I'm just desperate to find something that will quieten down the ONE tappet that seems to be sticking! Drives me nuts!

I'm just desperate to find something that will quieten down the ONE tappet that seems to be sticking! Drives me nuts!

whip the inlet and cam cover off... undo the cam bearings.. be careful with cam location (model dependent).. drop a new set in along with a few new gaskets.. magnetic screwdriver or extension makes it easier.... voila!

I suspect it's rarely the tappets. I am under the impression the VR clatter is probably due to the oil pump drive gear. After three or four sets of tappets most people who claim they get tappet noise never get rid of it by replacing tappets.

I tried some Wynns Tappet additive for a little while then changed out oil and filter on another car and it worked.

I suspect it's rarely the tappets. I am under the impression the VR clatter is probably due to the oil pump drive gear. After three or four sets of tappets most people who claim they get tappet noise never get rid of it by replacing tappets.

very true Dr

i was of the thought that the VR tappet noise is due to the nature of them being hydraulic tappets which require the lubricant to get round them after start up, so they quieten after a short time but never go silent

What's most annoying is the fact the engine can be completely quiet and then every now again the tappet noise returns for a few revolutions then goes again. To be honest it's just as loud when I return from a run as it is cold!?

very true Dr

i was of the thought that the VR tappet noise is due to the nature of them being hydraulic tappets which require the lubricant to get round them after start up, so they quieten after a short time but never go silent

Yes that is the idea but I just don't believe that so many VRs simply can't provide oil to the head sufficient to fill the tappet and keep them filled (it takes a LOT of physical pressure to force the oil out!). They should just work just fine.

Don't know if anyone has had terra clean and what sort of results on their cars but this is similar stuff.

You know how you get an improvement with a service new leads plugs etc.. This is SO much more of an improvement 197000 miles is running better than it has in the 12 years I've had it.