Sign in to follow this  
Declan

Loosing Coolant from Auxiliary Water Pump

Hello all, I only joined today and I am very new to the technical difficulties of VR6's. Although I've been a fan for many years it was only two days ago that I took the plunge and bought a LHD VR6 (Moving to Germany in 1 month)

Anyway, yesterday I took her for a long drive (like you do) only to find that on my return she was loosing a lot of coolant from the base of the Auxiliary Water Pump. Consequently, I can't take her out on any long drives, and I so want to.

Do I need to replace the entire Pump or would it just be the seals/gaskets?(excuse my ignorance) Is this a job I could undertake? with little or no experience.

Thank you in advance.

hi declan m8,

by the sounds of it your aux.coolant pump is doing the same as what mine did last year............as mine was leaking coolant and leaving puddles over the gearbox etc...........unfortunetly you'll have to replace the whole unit...and worse if i remember rightly its approx £114+vat..luckily for me my C was still under warranty so i got mine done FOC

the good news though is that it should only take 30 mins to change

Thanks Roddy,

I've booked her in to have a full service on Tuesday. So I'll ask them to do it then.

Typical that it goes the second day I have though! Never mind.

Cheers,

Declan