Sign in to follow this  
kitharrison

splutter.. splutter... bang!

I was having problems with my engine 'coughing' (a minor misfire) when it was cold or wet.. only for about the first 5 mins of driving or when I put my foot down. Last Thursday my supercharger blew up - the rocker burst through the casing - nice!

Are the two intrinsically linked, or am I going to find after I've had the new supercharger fitted (by G-Man) it's still going to be 'coughing'...

... my wallet is now VERY empty :cry:

Darren wouldn't let you go if there was a problem with your motor and he just fitted another charger.

Have you mentioned the misfire to him. Better than having him read about it on here.

Gavin

just spoken with Darren - he says it's the "lambda' valve in the exhaust (oxygen mix?), which overcompensates when the car is cold and dumps fuel into the exhaust sytem. Should be a minor adjustment. Sorted!

(I did have the plugs and leads changed recently, made very little difference at a very high price! bargain!! There was also a crack in my rotor arm which I had replaced)

Plugs are a killer on G60s. Not that you need the info right now but there is usually a fella selling them on ebay for £20 a set. search under W6DPO. The ones you have should last a few years now tho.

Gavin